I think my brother is vicodin addicted and I need to hear some info about what would be the best vicodin addiction program fore him. He was prescribed vicodin for the leg pain he suufers followed by the car accident he had 6 months ago. But I watch him and have noticed that he takes vicodin more frequently than he was prescribed to but it is also that I think he doesn’t need the vicodin anymore but he takes it anyway. So do you think this might be sign of vicodin addiction and could you tell me something about addiction program?

It could be that your brother is vicofen addicted for whenever the situation is like described it is possible that the person is about to be addicted, but he is still fresh in this meaning he only takes vicodin for few months so if he is addicted the chances he gets off of vicodin are really big. I was taking vicodin for years and was a real vicodin addicted but one day my husband took me to the rehab center and I was put on addiction program that finally caused me methadone addiction and at the end I ended up on methadone withdrawal but for now it seems to be the only solution for addicted person to withdraw oof whatever hard opiate they take. Anyway it was hard period for me but was worth of trying and now I could say I’m “normal” person that now doesn’t take even analgesics. I have to mention that the most important part of the addiction program, at least it turned out to be so for me, is the social treatment and the psychiatric treatment that has lasted longer than a year I left the rehab center. And also I had a family support which for me is also the effective part of addiction program. So my advice is that your brother goes seek help as fast as possible otherwise going through vicodin addiction program might be more unpleasant experience.

for sure!!, he's hooked, doesn't sound to big of problem yet though, (only a week of withdrawl) vicodin come from the opiate family, as does herion and opium, as far as i know almost all strong painkillers, can leave you wanting more, even after a 5 day prescribed supply. the addiction will set in quicker if one is fond of the high from the drug. your bro likes the buzz. same story with me, like them b4. broke my ankle, was feed 80 loratab (strong vics) in a 10 day period. after that it was only a matter of time b4 i found a street connect. and began an ongoing process of digging my own grave, NO JOKE, VICODIN WILL DESTROY; your stomach lining, liver, cause lack of awareness, of surrondings and ones self, too much and you become stupid, your sentance making skills goto sh*t, zombieness takes over. VICODIN EATS AWAY AT PERSONALITY. i've been doing them for 3 yrs straight. i was looked at as a very intelligent, wise kid, now i'm lucky i'm a normal ( too much can leave one a mental and emotionall wreck, imagine being in a lit room, then one day the lights go out. after so long of being in that room one would forget where everything was, you lose touch with everyone around you, helplessly watching yourself, slipp away. your brother probably realizes, he is going to get addicited or already is. doesnt take more than 3, 4 days of continually use, to get that first craving for them. AS for me; I'm o.k., i got lucky, i saw my worst days, and i'm gradually getting sharper mentally, takes time to heal. if you want to know what saved my life from certain hell and agony, it was my friends and family. (the people that cared about me), the ones who noticed a developing problem, escpecailly. they forced me out of that dark room. i have incrediable will power, when i really try, and vicodin kinda broke that apart for me, self control isn't there after about 16 months of starting them. you care about your brother, do what it takes, i would. even if hes mad at you for a year or so, you could change his entire life and he might not even realize it. You'll know what to do , everything happens for a reason. just imagine what hes going through if u can, no one ever did that for me and i lost touch with a lot close friends, and sad to say, my older bro, who tried the most to get me to stop, but were becoming closer over time, family is strong sh*t man, why else are u reading this right now.