Hello my daughter has Costochondritis for more than one year she's 18 It is affecting her life there's some nights that she is not able to sleep due to the pain on her chest, she is been going to a chiropratic, she has a bit of relieve now she is complaining of a stiff right arm all her pains and disconforts is on her left side and her back, is a mother i dont know what to do anymore she has been to diferent doctors and did blood wook chest x ray and ecg and everything is normal those anyone has this condition and please hepl me.

Hi Anamaria! There is another lady on here that I have been counselling she has this condition - even though painful it is NOT serious so I hope that puts your mind to ease! Also has your daughter been put on anti-inflammatories?

Go upto Search Top right of screen - type in my name bambi27 and it will show my posts, there look for a lady talking about chest pain! And then you can get in on the conversation or email her yourself through the private messages!

As a person with arthritis I am VERY wary of Chiropracters, I would rather your daughter to have deep massage! This helps with the easing of the tense muscles! I am NOT a fan of Chiropractors at all actually! Warmth and even cold on and off can really help with her inflammation!

Thank you so much, about anti-flammatories she refuses to take because she thinks she will be taking it for ever, another question you think that it will go away or is that a permanent condition, I am just worried because she is getting depressed she really thinks something is really rong with her or her heart and doctores can not see it, thank you

Hi again I was serching for the topic about chest pain but could not find it

Here is the link

https://www.steadyhealth.com/topics/chest-and-jaw-pain&start=10

Also tell your daughter this is NOT a permanent thing! And she needs to take the medication so she can have a regular day without being in pain! Pain IS the ultimate depresser! And IF she takes the anti-inflamatory's then this will not only help her ribs and chest, but show her that it is NOT her heart! Doctors don't mess around IF they thought it was her heart! Costochondritis, is VERY similar to Plurasy! Did your daughter have a bad cough or cold recently!? This can be behind the pull and pain too! Tell her "If you had broken ribs - which is very similar to what she is experiencing - would you take pain killers? It's the same thing1 And also anti-inflammatories are NOT addicting and she will NOT have to use them for ever! This isn't arthritis or AS It IS temporary, and I would advice her to get some massage - such as a hot stone massage it is SUBLIME and totally relaxing and warming!

Thank you so much, she has this condition for over one year and it was after a cold and strep troat.