Guys, I need your help. Something weird is happening to me, I just don't know how to explain this. I have costochondritis and I also have a pain in the rib that is very intense when I am breathing. Sometimes this pain is not that strong, but very often is bad. I try to take a deep breath and it is not possible at all. I want to know do I need to visit my doctor to consult him about this issue or not? Maybe this I kicked my ribs, I don't know, or maybe it is something even serious? 

Hello. Pain under rib when breathing can happen for so many reasons and some of them cannot be found unless you do some tests, such as x-ray test.  This diagnoses, that you have is very often related to inflammation of the cartilage that connects your rib cage to the breastbone. Just think about what you were doing before you started to feel that pain?  This pain can also be caused by the trauma. Actually, it is very common. I think that this is an issue that you can treat by adding simple medicines and painkillers in your daily activities. Good luck! 

Celebrity

Hello there. My mom was diagnosed with a Costochondritis a couple of years ago. It is actually an inflammation of the junctions, where your upper ribs join the costal cartilage that attaches them to the breastbone.  The chest wall pain and tenderness are something that is very common in there, when you have this diagnoses. This chest pain is very common and often and it is nothing surprising. Pain and tenderness are associated with pain in ribs.  What about the treatment? Do you have any type of the treatment? It must be some underlying reason behind this diagnose as well. 

Hello. As far as I know, costochondritis commonly occurs with viral respiratory infections. It happens because of the inflammation of the area from the viral infection itself and also it can happen when you breathe, but I am pretty sure that you need to do an x-ray test to see if there any fear for you, did you hurt your ribs somehow. Maybe you were lifting heavy objects, maybe you were doing some pretty hard exercises etc. Maybe this is the main cause of your pain, but as I said it before, it needs to be checked by the expert. 

Hello there. The condition that you are dealing causes localized chest pain, that in the most of the cases you can reproduce by pushing on the cartilage in the front of your ribcage. This diagnoses, that you have, a costochondritis is a relatively harmless condition so you don't have to be that scared. That means that it usually goes away without any type of the treatment. It is hard to determine the cause, so that means that the cause is usually unknown, but may happen from increased activity involving the arms. This is why you are probably dealing with this pain that you feel.

But, you already have a chest pain, so I am really surprised that your doctor hasn't told you that costochondritis is also considered as a possible diagnosis for adults who have chest pain.That is why you have it because the chest pain is one of the symptoms for this. But, you also need to know that this chest pain, especially in the adults is considered a potentially serious sign of a heart problem, so you should never ignore this pain. Some tests must be done, it doesn't matter that you already did some tests that indicated that you have a costochondritis.