My daughter has had ear problems since birth and really bad colic she has had tonsils, annenoids removed. ent surgeon said she had the biggest tonsils he has ever seen in a child but in the last 3 years she has had ear problems really bad last November she went to our local GP who said her ears where needing to been seen by an ent but at that time she was taking anti inflammintorys for her back. So there was no problems in her ear but the ent said her condition is chronic estachinary tube dysfunction can someone tell me what to do for my daughter should I get another referral since the ear is absouletly blocked with wax and causing pain is there surgery available will she need scans Thanks everyone sorry if my spelling is bad dyslexia ugh

Hi there.

There are two sides of using the antibiotic since they are used for one thing and that is for bacterial infections. In this case, it is a little bit a risky to use them, because antibiotics don’t only kill bad bacteria, they also kill that good bacteria that reside in your intestines as well, which is not that good. I know that colicky pain has this bad side - effect - it can always come back. I have a kid and this has never happened to her, but I have friends who have e constant problem with it. One of the parents told me that a chiropractic care has been shown to be very, very effective in reducing numbers of ear infections in children, so I suggest you try this option if nothing else works.