I am very worried about my daughter. She is 17 and few days ago she noticed that she has a popping in her chest. I took her to doctor, she examined her and took her blood for some tests. We are waiting for the results, and it is driving us crazy. Can someone tell me if it's possible that my teen daughter has lung cancer?

I understand that you are worried about your daughter. It is good that you took her to the doctor, because what ever she has or not, it is better to be detected in the early stage. Your daughter is very young to be considered as someone who can get lung cancer, but today, there are no rules when it comes to diseases. I can help you by giving you some details about lung cancer. This way you can see if she had (or not) some of the most common symptoms of a lung cancer. There are three main types of lung cancer; small cell carcinoma, squalors cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma. The main cause of lung cancer is smoking. Smokers have 10 times bigger chance of getting lung cancer from non-smokers. The most common symptoms of lung cancer are: weight loss, coughing up blood, pain in chest area, excessive fatigue, difficulty breathing etc. I hope that your daughter didn't have these symptoms and that everything will be ok with her.

As a mother myself, I hope everything turned out for the best for your daughter. However, I have been a bit worried lately about the popping and chest paing that I have had---I guess I am telling myself it's just a pulled muscle or something not to worry about. I could not find a response to your last posting--to see what the results of the tests were...if you have a few moments, it would be appreciated. Blessings to you, your daughter and family.

Ever thought about your sternum? Mine does it all the time. The more it pops the more it hrts down the road. Check out "popping sternum" online and you'll find a ton of people with the same problem. Only problem is finding a doctor to do something about it.

she might have a pneumothorax

not to worry i'm 13 and have the exact same thing it is Precordial Catch Syndrome (PCS) is the most common cause of recurring chest pain. It is also sometimes known as “a stitch in the side” or “Texidor’s twinge”. It occurs most often in children and teenagers, but does persist into adulthood as well. The pain occurs just under the left nipple, near where you feel the heart beat most strongly on the front of the chest, and comes on very suddenly.

This extremely sharp pain causes a person to not want to move or breathe. This is where the “catch” part of the name is derived. Any movement or breathing only seems to intensify the pain. The pain usually lasts for around 30 seconds to 1 minute before disappearing. Sometimes the pain will suddenly disappear upon taking a strong breath or moving suddenly as well. This can almost feel like a pop of an imaginary bubble.