Hello. I would like to find out more about one condition that my sister has been diagnosed three days ago.
I haven’t seen my sister for at least two months and then yesterday I've stopped by her house to see what she was doing. She was laying in bed, feeling sick and literally- couldn’t breath.
She told me that it all started few days back and that she though it is something with her lungs but her doctor diagnosed her with some costochondritis condition.
I don’t know anything about it and really would like to know how serious is this condition?

Hello. I would really like to help you and your sister to understand better some facts about this condition.
Luckily, this condition doesn’t have anything to do with her lungs or her heart and that’s why I don’t think that you should be worried at all. Basic thing you should know about is that we are talking about inflammation of cartilage that connects her ribs to her sternum bone.
You understand that every move of chest, especially while deep breathing, will cause pain.
Like I said, this isn’t anything serious and you shouldn’t worry at all. Your sister will be better soon, especially if her doctor prescribed her some anti-inflammatory drugs and pain killers!

I had a spurt of C.Condritis and now i have a wierd lump near or on my lower rib. Is this normal? I am waiting for a scan on the NHS but that may take forever. Should I go private?