Is it possible that I am having Costochondritis? I feel soreness in my upper left chest area. Can you tell me what other symptoms of this disease are? Where does it hit?

Other symptoms are: sharp, stabbing pain in the front of the chest, ribs that are sore to the touch, pain in your chest when you sneeze or cough …secondary symptoms are rapid heart rate or irregular heart rate. Costochondritis affects most commonly junction between the ribs and the chest bone. It causes that 7 bites of cartilage, which attach your ribs to your sternum, become inflamed and sore. Pain or soreness is most commonly in the upper left side of your chest, but it can occur on a both sides. Causes is unknown, there is believe that variety of factors develop this illness. To be sure visit your physician.

Hello there,

Well I am sure that you know that this is an inflammation of the cartilage. The pain you may be experiencing because of this condition can hide obvious pain caused by heart conditions. In most of the cases there is no obvious cause for this condition so the only thing your doctor can do is to ease the pain you are feeling and the condition will improve by time.

Most common symptom of this condition is pain which can range from dull pain to the very sharp pain of wall chest. This pain can appear while you are coughing, deep breathing and when you have difficulty with breathing. I hope this was helpful and that you will manage to resolve your problem.