hi, i am 17 and have now been on my period for 3 weeks and do not understand why, i started a new contraceptive pill almost 3 months ago and has been fine untill the 3rd month i am still on it so do not know why i am still bleeding. i also have bullemia and have recently been very stressed out i was woundering if this has anything to do with it aswell? should i worry or wait for it to go away?

I just got on birth control (the shot) right about 3 or 4 months ago and this is the 2nd week of my period.... i have never gone longer than 5 days.
I hope this isnt a constant side effect... let me know peeps
at least ur not alone right? not really i know wish I had some answers

your not alone honestly. im 17 aswell and i been on my period for nearly 3 weeks now and i went to the doctors and told him and he said its probely stress cause i been very stressed. but if he doesnt stop with in the next week i gta go back. ur be fine honestly if ur that worried go to the doctors hun xx

Im also 17 and I've been on my period for 3 weeks its no pain and Im clotting its only bad at night & some times in the day time this is not my first time this has happened to me I went to the doctor and he put me on some medicine and it stopped now its back and I want to go to the doctor but he will say its normal Im jus wondering when will it stop its interfering with my social,sexual and shool life I dread going to school some days I jus want this to be over with. :x :cry: :(

I had that problem too. Its just that your body use up all the hormones before its time to get another shot or take another pill. ask your doctor if you can have A higher dose or take the birth control earlier.

i had the same problem but im way young an i dont think im even old enough for birth controll pills. i mean its my second or third period and like its scaring me how much blod is coming out. i mean whnever i sit down or move alot or anything it doesnt hurt its just constaant bleeding, please help i need answers. its been leeding since this morning and its 10 30 now

-helpp??? :cry:

anonymous wrote:

Guest wrote:

-helpp??? :cry:

and i dont have any pads left my mum dont know i am on it and we dont have a school nurse my mum will flip if she know s i am on it some one plez help me i so in pain know and beelding loads oww it hurrts were does the blood come form your p***y

my sister used to have the same problem so she went to her gyocologist and they put in a iud called the mirena and she hasnt had a period in 3 years

im 13 anddd its been 18 days..... :(

As well I have hade my period for 1 month but I have this episodes other times one like a year ago I hade my period for 3 months and my doctor did not say or did any thing at all.

im 13 i had it for 2 weeks then i had a break for a week thannow im on it for 3 weeks so idont wana go to the doctorsor tell my momwhatshould i doooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP PLEAZ

I was told all of my pain was from a blood filled cyst on my left ovary. For four montHs now. I found out a few days ago that my pain is not from my cyst. My cyst isn't actually a cyst. Then the question was why have I had my period and constant severe pain for 21 days now? I could have a fibroid. I could also have a disorder where my blood won't clot. i am already on depo. My doctor added birth control pills also. I take 3 birth control pills a day. It seems to help but now instead of blood I have a gray substance?

I had the same thing happen to me. I had been bleeding for about a month and I went to see my OBGYN and he told me I had a fibroid. At first I was afraid because he said fibroid TUMOR and I automatically thought cancer, but I found out it could be removed and he did so immediately and I stopped bleeding the same exact day. So if I were you I would go ahead and get it removed. It's just an 15 min procedure, it doesn't hurt, and puts you out of a lot of stress. Hope this was helpful. Good luck! :)

I found out I bleed so much because I have a blood disorder 

I had this same problem for the past few years. I'm 18. I just found out I have PCOS. This may not be the case for you, but it's something to look into. I wish you well.