I got my period on the 1st and it stoped on the 5th day like normal. Then the next day I started bleeding again. It is sometimes light and sometimes heavy. This never happened before I don't understand. Could it be my mirena contraceptive or what? Please help!

honestly...
i am having the same problem and I am 31.
but i am doing more of a spotting

Im having the same problem. Im 23. But Ive been bleeding for 6 months. I went to my OBGYN Doctor and they ran test did an ultra sound and pap. I was told I have some sort of ovarian syndrom. But my hormone levels were fine. My periods have always been irregular I would go months without one and now I cant stop bleeding!! Basically I dont produce eggs every month and have a few cyst on my overies. He but me on Trinesta a birthcontrol and the bleeding stopped but.......if I skip a day or two the bleeding starts again. So now Im looking into having a DandC done which is a day surgury that cleans your wound out. I would def not wait as long as I did to go see your OBGYN because loosing blood causes your iron levels to drop which will make you dizzy. I know it sucks but seeing a doctor that knows what to do will help.

I have been bleeding for 19 days also.My periods have always been every twenty eight days until this month. Hospital did tests and found noting.
I wonder if it is the cytozyme A-D I started taking. It is an adrenal. I have changed nothing else.

My last period was 2 wks long then I stopped bleeding for about 3-4 days and started again for like 3 days then it stopped again for aboput 3 days then I started again..I have been bleeding for about 25 days now.! I'm 21, I've had one child 2 years ago vaginally, and I havent taken Birth Control in about a year and a half..I didnt start having periods until i was almost 16 and they have always been irregular. Before the last period I hadn't had a period in 4 mths. I really wish there was something I could do to regulate my period without Birth Control because my husband and I are wanting another baby..Any suggestions?

Read the "Infertility Cure" by Radine Lewis. She goes into the reasons for your problems! If your body isn't ovulating, you are going to have stagnant blood in your uterus. The blood will "weep" for a long time. Odds are, most people who bleed for awhile, who aren't ovulating, are not anemic. If you have polycystic ovarian syndrome, acupuncture and herbs can help heal your body. Doctors generally don't know what to do!

If your on birthday control, yes that could be very common. I was not on birth control and I got my period on time, however it lasted for 16 days. I didn't have much cramping except for two days I have abdominal pain that didn't feel normal, however it went alway. On the 16th day I went to the doctor. It turns out im pregnat and have an epotopic pregnancy im going to need surgery. I would tell a doctor right away.

I am 47 years old and my period is 19 days now not stopping what could be the cause

I am 21 and my period came october 3 and came bck the 20th until now it wont stop. Its the first this is happening.

I am so annoyed... I have been using a tampon for two weeks now, Seven days very heavy, and the other seven stark red on/off flow. What in the hell is this? This has been going on for about 8 months. Normal pap, normal internal visit to gyno. So seriously, wtf? I am miserable, sex is embarrassing, because my bf is covered in blood, even though I douche prior. Keep it clean, but it just wont stop. Help!!!!!

Thank goodness I am not the only one. I started to get nervous when I realized I had been getting my period for over two weeks, starting two days after I had my IUD placed.

That happened to me once and it was a ruptured tube for an ectopic pregnancy. I walked around for 2 weeks not knowing thinking it was bad cramps, but the long time bleeding made me go to dr to get checked and thank God I'm still alive.

I have been bleeding for 17 daysI got my period on 1st day its stop on 4th days.then next day its started bleeding again when I.pass urine how can I stop this

Me to having same problem...wat u did