Hi, my mother has some strange symptoms in her eye, and a doctor told her that there is no obvious cause of any disorder. However, I read some things about these symptoms, and I realized that it could be congenital myasthenia gravis. A delay in diagnosing this disorder is not unusual, and it is often discovered after two years. Any cases of congenital myasthenia?

Hi, my son developed congenital myasthenia gravis, and he’s only 4 years old. I don’t know how he developed it, because my husband or I never suffered from this condition, so it’s not from us. A doctor says that he probably has a defective gene. He has a generalized weakness and reduced muscle tone, and a doctor said that it’s probably a type of congenital myasthenia called congenital absence of acetylcholinesterase. At least the prognosis are encouraging. They say that people with congenital myasthenia mostly remain fairly stable throughout their lifetime, and tend to stay the same on a long-term basis. He has the same symptoms as your mother, his eyelid drops on its own. Sometimes, he even has a difficulty in swallowing, which scares me the most.