Hello. I'm 36 year old female and I’d really like to find out more about EMG test and interpretation of the test results.
You see, my mother has suffered from one really serious muscle disease called myasthenia gravis. I personally didn’t have any symptoms of this terrible disease but anyway- my doctor recommended me to do an EMG test. So, I called up my neurologist and scheduled an appointment next week.
I definitely don’t know anything about this but yesterday I have found an old mother’s EMG results and I was just wondering could anyone tell me some tricks about interpretation of these results. How does it look when person is healthy?

Just recently I have read some great and interesting stuff about this EMG testing and I will tell you all I know about it.
I really don’t know how much do you know about all this but you should know that Electromyography (EMG) in fact measures muscle electrical activity in response to a nerve’s stimulation of the muscle.
The interpretation of the results is really easy.
If the person is healthy and have no problems with muscles- its muscles will show no electrical activity during rest, only when it contracts. If results are showing electrical activity during rest then we are talking about abnormal EMG result. It could be a sign of many disorders such as polymyositis, muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis and many others.