Hi, my daughter is 2 years old, and I noticed that her eyes are becoming different. I took her to examination, and it turned out that she has an outward deviation of the eyes called exotropia. I am worried about her, and I need to know a little more about this condition. Can anyone tell me something about it?

Hi, my son has the same condition, but he was diagnosed with it when he was four years old. He was complaining of double vision and his eyes were deviated outward. The pediatric ophthalmologist had to do several tests to be shore that it is exotropia, such as a comprehensive ocular motility exam. My son’s exotropia was present for more than 50% of each day. Also the frequency was increasing over time so the doctor recommended him a surgery During eye muscle surgery, the eye is never removed and it is never entered inside of the eyeball. The earlier your daughter does this surgery, the chances of recovering are better. My son is feeling well now, and his eyes are fine.