I am hoping to get some idea about natural ways to induce labor that work. I know from reading online lists of things to do when you've reached term that long walks and sex are frequently recommended. I also remember from my last pregnancy that this does not work. That brings me to this question - what natural ways to induce labor actually work?

This is an interesting topic because I think that those who are at ease with "natural methods" as a whole, are also much more likely to be comfortable with natural childbirth, without intervention and therefore without induction. Those into herbal healing are more likely to not care if they go to 42 weeks... because the baby will come when it is ready, right? Midwives do have some methods at their disposal that will induce labor, but can this truly be considered natural? Just because it is not pitocin or another pharmaceutical does not make it natural. Natural is when you go into labor all on your own.