I am blond and blue eyed with barely there eyebrows. Well, the eyebrows themselves are actually quite think - I don't have a lack of hair as such, but they are so light that they are almost invisible. When you look at me from a distance, you'd think I have no brows at all. At the same time, using an eyebrow pencil, even lighter colored ones, makes me look artificial. I'm wondering if there are any natural ways to darker the eyebrows, so that I don't have to use an eyebrow pencil and still have more prominent, natural looking eyebrows?

TIA!!!

Hiya,

This is SO not me (I'm a dark haired gal myself) but one of my friends is so light she may as well glow in the dark, yeah, and though I think she's always look angelic and kinda magical, she was real unhappy with her brows. When I noticed she had darker brows after not seeing her a while, I asked her if she'd been to get her brows dyed. Get this, yeah, she said she'd been dying her brows at home with... coffee! You brew like a really strong cuppa, way to strong to actually drink it, and use cotton buds to soak it in the coffee and also add the coffee muck as well. Apparently it's possible to even dye your hair with this!!! But anyways, yeah, she used it on her brows and they were definitely darker than they were before. If you're looking for something natural this seems as good a treatment as any... nothing to lose really!

Here are some ideas you may like to try out:

- Castor oil nourishes hairs and makes them thicker. They may not go darker as such, but they may appear darker. You can't go wrong anyway, because it will make your brows look better even if you still have to do something else to make them darker.
- Coffee is the most frequently used natural dye.
- Henna, in the shade you want, if you know how to "color within the lines" because it will color your skin too. :)
- Use an eyebrow pencil, gel, wax, or whatever on your eyebrows. I am sure there are natural products for sale commercially. Some people also use charcoal for that. It is not permanent, but will give you the look you want for a day.
- Not natural exactly, but eyebrows tattoos do use natural pigments these days.

Is there any reason you are specifically looking for NATURAL ways to darken your eyebrows? I have light blond eyebrows and get them dyed at the salon. It's quick, easy and makes my eyebrows look so much better than they do naturally. As long as you use a kit for the eyebrows specifically rather than using hair dye, you can also actually dye your eyebrows at home quite easily. I've never had any redness or irritation from eyebrow dyes, so if that is what you are worried about I don't think you have to. You can always do a spot test perhaps on the skin in the nape of your neck right under your hair line, so that you will know it if you react badly to the dye. Keep in mind that you don't want to go for the darkest possible color though, because that won't look good. A few shades darker than your own eyebrows will do the trick.

I actually don't have blond hair, I have fairly dark brown hair, but though I have a lot of hair on my eyebrows, I do like them to look more impressive than they are naturally. Yes, I have them dyed when I go to the salon, when I get my nails done and get waxed. The lady really knows what she is doing and makes the best come out in my eyebrows. She plucks them too. They look awesome after I go to the salon, but I do have to admit that any type of cleanser seems to make the dye fade pretty quickly. Within a week, my eyebrows look like they need a serious touch up. I get my nails done every two weeks (acryllic) and get my brows dyed every time too. It's.. a satisfactory option for me.

Hi!!! Thank you so much for your posts! I really quite like the idea of using henna. I'm not sure whether I could pull it off myself, though. Do you think any salons would provide this treatment? The reason I asked for natural ways to darken my eyebrows is that I have had bad reactions to various chemicals including hair dye in the past, and I really don't want a repeat performance. I go for natural makeup and cosmetics as well, but it can sometimes be hard to find what you want.

So I'll try the henna, I think. Thank you!!!

Celebrity

Well, I have light eyebrows myself, but they don't bother me. They are just part of my natural look, and I can't imagine that I would look good if I had eyebrows that were a lot darken than my natural eyebrows. I would just look horrendously artificial, to be frank. And I don't want that. If I were you, I would refrain from taking any drastic steps that could make you look harsh. Why not go for a good eyebrow pencil a few shades darker than your own eyebrows? If you don't like it, a bit of makeup remover will do the trick. Wear this every day for a month, and then see how you like it. If you still want darker eyebrows, look into more permanent options only then.

Just my two cents. 

Rosie

Yeah, my point exactly. That friend I mentioned, yeah, she was honestly ecstatic about the way she looked after using that coffee muck on her brows and I didn't say nothing to bring her down from her ecstasy, LOL. Mind you, if I'm gonna be honest, I think she looked weird. You get people like her in the modelling industry and they are obviously hired exactly because their basically see through blonde hair makes them look really special. If I'm honest people do all kinds of odd stuff that messes up their natural beauty (like I did with my brows, LOL). The best cosmetics/beauty treatments support your own beauty. Mind you, if you wanna go crazy with a new look, yeah, that's what makeup's for. You can take that off after a day, yeah?

Well, what do you mean by natural exactly? That's always the first question to ask when someone wants to know these things. If you mean without chemical that was produced synthetically, you will want to look into henna. Even eyebrow tattoos use natural pigments these days, but since they do insert those pigments into your skin's deeper layers using needles, that may not be seen as natural, though it also may. Can you use an oil or something to magically make your eyebrows darker? Well, the answer to that is obviously no. So yes, you have many, many solutions for light or sparse eyebrows, but whether they are natural or not wholly depends on your own definition of that word.

How about walnuts? I always get the skins of the walnuts when they fall off the trees and use it as wool dye. It works only things with protein, which of course includes your own hair. I am not sure whether you can use walnuts to dye your eyebrows. I would assume that the skin also gets pigmented because my hands get stained when I dye my wool. Mind you, if you draw it on neatly with one of those slanted eyebrow brushes then that shouldn't be a problem. I have no idea whether anybody has ever done this before. It is just an idea. My eyebrows are not really visible either and I don't care. They match my hair.