I need your advice about natural ways to induce labour! I am nearly 39 weeks pregnant at the moment and while I am not rushing to induce as of yet, I am certainly hoping to not go further than 40 weeks. I am looking for ideas on ways to induce labour in a natural way, in case I need it.

Hi. I am a midwife. I use natural induction methods sometimes, in various circumstances, but sparingly. For me, a woman simply reaching term is not a reason to induce. Babies come when they are done cooking for a reason. Mind you, natural induction methods such as castor oil and even stripping of membranes only work if you are ready to go into labour, so that is their advantage. Please don't think about using any natural induction methods in your own home, without the approval of a birth professional, though!