Just joined tonight because I'm going through severe withdrawl of a med and needed answers/advice. I have OCD, Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, etc and was seeking a means to discuss, get support, give support, etc in the most anonymous way possible. I've been dealing with disorders, meds, "therapy" and everything that goes along with it for more than half of my life. Although I'm always seeking others' support and advice, I am also very educated in several fields, both because of personal experience and my field of study in college, not to mention my own research. I'm hoping to be able to receive AND give help and support here. Thanks.

Welcome!
         My name is Theresa (Opiatefreeme) and I am here for yah!!What would you like advice on..from what I read, I have had some of the same..so I may be of some assistance! I am not someone to sugar coat anything..I speak the truth from my personal knowledge and experience and don't try and give advice on issues I know nothing about. So far my track record is very good..so feel free to ask and if I am able to give you some feed back I will do just that! Again, welcome and looking forward to reading some of your posts!

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for the welcome. I don't necessarily need specific advice right now.. just meant my introduction in a general sense. But the past year has been pretty difficult and I'm glad there is support out there. Usually because of all my knowledge in these arenas, I feel I should be able to handle things, but we are all only human and all have our breaking points. I had a med change a few days ago and am feeling much better than when I joined this site last week. But I will try to participate here and reply as much as possible. :)

shell508 wrote:

Opiatefreeme wrote:

Welcome!

Hi Theresa,

Thank you and welcome! We are always looking for someone that can ask for as well as give advice! I do hope all is well and looking forward to reading some posts from you in the future!
Opiatefreeme

welcome. you are in the right place. i have depression, PTSD, Anxiety etc and i just joined a few days ago myself to find support . I am trying to decrease my med intake and use more therapy instead. I just got off seroquel a year ago, that drug eneded up messing me up more after it seemed to help initially. I have stayed on Xanax for Anxiety but i try to use on if i really have to. I prefer therapy, but my psychiatrist doesnt like to talk much, he just medicates you thus my need to searh out a place like this where i can meet similar people and get advice. My depression comes and goes now, but its more manageable than it was years ago.My Anxiety though seem to just be worsening,from the time i wake up, its a fearfest!!!! Anxiety makes my life miserable, it makes me feel like i am incapable of been successful at anything and like i am been constantly judged, whether it is real or not, the constant worry ans insecurity is hell.