As a long time sufferer, survivor and finally conquerer of Anxiety, Panic attacks, Depression and finally Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I felt that it was only fitting that I register on this site and offer my experience in relation to these terrifying and sometimes all consuming mental health issues. I am no health care professional or have any back ground in the medical or pscyhological field, I am just a person that has for the past 14 years endured these energy sapping mental health issues and thought that I could offer in the way of advice,support or just someone to chat to about what worked and didnt work for me, when I think back on this experience the one thing I wished I had acess to was a person who could relate to what I was going through and to be accessable in times of need. During my illness I found it hard to talk to any one else unless they themselves had sufferred this illness as persons who have never suffered form these problems seem to type cast you as some lunatic and treat you as a leeper. So I hope I can use my experience to help you in some way..

Health Advisor
Hi The Pyjama Boy,

I am sure your experience and willingness to help would be more than beneficial to those looking for answers on how to best possibly cope with these overwhelming disorders.

Welcome to the board :-)

Heidi

Thank you for the kind comments all I can do is let people know what I did and how I coped. I have just come from being on 450mg of efxor xr a day after being on it for two years and now I am totally medication free. I have my good and bad days but you just need to take one day at a time and having access to persons who have been there done that is a real help I think. All the best for the future Steve :-D

Hi pajamaboy:

I was wondering how you've enjoyed this site over the past few months. Are you finding good info and advice here. I'm sure that you have been a good source of info and support for other people. What do you think so far? Let me know...Happy posting.