I was just wondering what post tramatic stress syndrome means because my doctor says that is what i am going through. But they never explained to me what that means. So i would appreciate it if you would tell me what that means.

Celebrity
Post traumatic stress syndrome is characterized by developing medical and psychological symptoms after going trough a traumatic experience.
People at risk of developing PTDS are those who have been through a stressed situation that was intensified, unpredictable, uncontrollable, sexual victimization, betrayal, etc
Also, situations like child trauma, lack of social support, experiences of threat, danger, terror, fear, etc.
PTSD may cause many neurobiological and physiological changes in central and autonomic nervous systems and a person that has been traumatized may experience brainwave activity, decreased volume of the hippocampus, and abnormal activation of the amygdale that may influence processing and integration of memory.
Other people may develop sleeping problems, or abnormal levels of stress hormones. A person with PTSD may have lower levels of cortisol (stress reaction hormone) and may not react to stress the way they should.
PTSD sufferers are more like to suffer from psychiatric disorders like depression, alcohol abuse, phobias, etc
PTSD sufferers tend to develop physical problems like headaches, GI problems, chest pain, dizziness, etc
What should help is behavioral therapy with a professional or having someone to talk to on regular basis.