Hi ...

umm well i suffer from these conditions, also anxiety, symptoms of schizophrenia and bi polar... i dont take any medication but lately i have been getting horrible night terrors to the point i am scaring my partner.. i have been waking up screaming, choking, sweating etc and my partner has had to shake me to wake me up but he has told me i will even try to hit him if he is waking me up like im defending my self or something,. i dont remember the dreams but im terrified to go back to sleep and my partner says i just cry myself back to sleep most nights.... and now recently i am starting to remember the dreams im having. and im finding myself flinching and having flash backs at work and during the day etc... even if i hear a noise that is familiar to my dream i will almost start crying ...please i need help !! i dont care what you say just any information that could help me !! please!!!

Hi CBear9418,

I know this is a bit after you originally posted but I hope it can help. I am not a mental health professional but have some understanding of these conditions through personal experience. You say you have PSTD and Borderline personality disorder among other conditions. I don't doubt this. I was just wondering who has diagnosed you? Do you have an ongoing therapeutic relationship with that person? If so, can you go back to them? As you probably know, there is no specific medication for PTSD or borderline personality disorder like there is for depression or bipolar or anxiety, although some medications may help. One of the best treatments for borderline personality disorder is Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, a  type of talking therapy. For PTSD there are a number of different approaches, with various talking therapies being helpful. As for the anxiety, and bipolar and schizophrenia symptoms, there can be some overlap with symptoms of various mental health conditions, and some can occur together. No-one on the internet can tell you what is really going on. That would be dangerous. Please get help from a skilled psychologist or psychiatrist. Only a suitably trained professional can assess all your symptoms and offer effective treatment. I strongly urge you to get qualified professional help. If you can't access a psychologist privately, are there local low cost or free community based services you can access? See your doctor and talk to her/him and get a referral to a suitable professional, someone skilled in working with people with a borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I know this can be really scary, but so are the nightmares. And they are affecting your waking life as well as your seep. There is help. I have had PTSD and therapy has made a huge difference to my life. And my partner has bipolar and with a mixture of medication and talk therapy has it under control, has very few bipolar episodes, and his life is so much better than it was before the diagnosis. He sees the day he was diagnosed as the best day of his life. In  way it was the first day of his life as a normal person, and once the meds were sorted out he hasn't looked back.

Dealing with the borderline personality disorder is really important as it will help you to build a stronger working relationship with your therapist and that will make working on everything else easier. Also, bear in mind, if you do have bipolar or schizophrenia although talking therapy is helpful medication is essential.

I wish you all the best. It sounds like a scary place to be, but with help there is hope. Take care.

thank you .. I really appreciate it :) and yes this has helped a lot .. thank you so much :D