Hello, there, I have a question about my illness. I have angina pectoris which is symptomized with random pain in chest, behind sternum. The pain sometimes got all the way up to the jaw and left hand. I have high blood pressure and high levels of triglyceride and cholesterol. Doctor recommended me to include Niaspan in therapy. Do you have any information about this medication?

Niaspans generic name is Niacin (Antihyperlipidemic). It is used to regulate cholesterol levels, thus reducing the risk of heart attack. It can slow and treat arteries hardening. It regulates triglyceride levels and is often used in combination with diets. Basically, it increases good cholesterol, HDL, and decreases bad cholesterol, LDL. Read the integrities well. Do not take this medication if you are allergic to any of the components!