Hello, folks. I was on my routine check up at my doctor’s office. He told me I have hardening of the arteries. I must admit that I have no symptoms or anything similar. I would like to know something more about this condition. I would appreciate all your replies. Thanks, guys!

Hello to you too. Hardening of the arteries is also known as arteriosclerosis. It is caused by high levels of LDL cholesterol. If you have LDL cholesterol more than 130, it accumulates in your arteries. For a longer period of time, this doesn’t give any symptoms. However, with progressing of narrowing of the arteries, an organ that is supplied with this artery suffers. Usually, those are heart or brain. When the narrow is significant, there is a heart attack or stroke. That is why it is better to prevent this. You should reverse your LDL cholesterol. If it is less than 80, you will reverse the hardening of your arteries.