What are the natural supplements for lowering LDL? I am not satisfied with drug effect. I need some advice. Thanks.

Having several different ways for lowering cholesterol is important since the causes of high cholesterol levels are wide and varied by person to person. Natural supplements such as Guggul, Pantethine, Policosanol, Curcumin, and Beta-Sitosterol are easily available at low cost compared to prescribed drugs. Ask pharmacist about some of these. Good luck.

My doctor wanted to put me on Lovastatin and I said yes. Big mistake. When my cholesterol levels didn't change he wanted me to also take Niaspan. Niaspan is a slow release niacin. This time I did some research and when I returned to his office I told him that I would not be taking Niaspan. He became visibly upset. I told him that I had learned through reliable sources that the longer niacin is in your body there is a good chance that you are harming your liver. This was a proven fact. I also learned that the fast acting niacin had no side affects and was safe to use and would not affect your liver. I told my doctor that I would start taking 500mg of niacin twice a day, morning and evening. What I didn't tell him was that I would stop taking Lovastatin. When I returned to his office two months later my cholesterol, triglycerides, ldl and hdl were great! It takes some time to get use to taking fast acting niacin. Niacin is also known as vitamin B3. When you take niacin you will experience a flushing of your skin. Sort of a hot feeling. You'll get use to this. It will take approximately two hours for this fast acting niacin to do it's thing. You'll see results in about 4 - 6 weeks. Also remember to exercise moderately and reach for your BMI weight. Good luck.

Square Nickel how long did you continue or stay on 500mg of Niacin..... chiefjolly