Good day. My husband came home three days ago from his job and he was not feeling fine at all. We went to see the doctor which is our friend. He ran some tests and my hubby is pretty much ok, but he is having pretty much high LDL levels.

I did some research about this, just to find out what can help him, and I found out that niacin can help him in lowering LDL levels.

Of course, he is going to ask his doctor a little bit about this but I want to know anyone else in here had success with niacin in lowering LDL levels?

Thank you!

My friend Emma had success with it. Look, the main goal of cholesterol treatment is to lower LDL or bad cholesterol. Statins do this much better than niacin does, but niacin can be good as well. Niacin has the advantage of raising good cholesterol much more than statins do.

My friend told me that it also lowers triglycerides, fats in your blood that can increase the risk of heart disease.

So, niacin is amazing option especially for the people who cannot tolerate statins at all.

Maybe the progress will be slower than you want but basically that is it and it will help you.

Good day two of you.

Do you even know what the niacin is? It is a B vitamin that is used by your body to turn food into the energy. Very simple. Niacin also helps you to keep your nervous system, digestive system, hair, eyes and even the skin – healthy.  

Now when it is used as a treatment to increase your HDL cholesterol or correct a vitamin deficiency, niacin is good. But when you want to lower your LDL levels, it is not that effective like many of you will expect. You need to try it to see does it work for you.

Hey everyone. I am reading all your posts and I am wondering – what is wrong with my wife? No, niacin didn’t help my wife in lowering LDL levels at all. Anyway, you can think that I am a hater but I am not, I am just telling you what I know and what experience she had with medicines, well actually with a lot of them.

Her doctor gave her this medicine and he told us that this is going to help her. But her LDL levels were always the same so we needed to seek for another medicine.

I can see that this can be helpful, but I know that sometimes it can’t.

I am very sorry to hear that nothing can help your wife. I am really surprised that doctors can’t find the proper cure for it. I know a lot of people who had success with it and I am really sorry because you wife can’t find the proper cure.

I remember that one day I was talking with one friend of mine and she told me that she had some problems with this as well at the beginning but after three months it started to work. Maybe that is the way, to wait for it to start working.