I HAVE BEEN ON OXYCOTIN FOR OVER 3 YRS.MOVED TO NJ FROM AZ AND NEW DR GAVE ROXYCOTIN WITH OXYCOTIN,HE DROVE ME NUTTS WITH HIS CRAZY IDEAS,NO VEGS,NO WATER,NO FRUIT,DONT WASH WITH SOAP,AND MORE..SO I STOPPED GOING,NOW I HAVE BEEN TO 3 PAIN CENTERS WITH ALL M HISTORY OF INJECTIONS,FACETTE,GANGLION,EPPIDURALS,TRIGGER,BOTOX,ACCUPUNCTURE,THERAPY ROLFING,PROLO,SURGERIES,AND NO ONE WILL GIVE ME MY MEDS...MY PRIMARY WILL NTO EITHER ,THE SPECIALIST I JUST WENT TO CANT UNDERSTAND WHY PRIMARY WONT GIVE,CAUSE WHY SHOULD I GO TO A SPECIALIST FOR SOMETHING THAT DOSENT NEED ANY EFFORT OTHER THAN A RX PAD,AND HE NEEDS TO DO PROCEDURES NOT PAIN MEDICATION MANAGEMENT ONLY...SO I WILL BE OUT IN A WEEK OR LESS,AND I AM ALLREADY DYEING WENT FROM 30 MGS 3XS A ADAY TO 20 MGS 3XS A ADAY TO 10 MG 2 XS A DAY +ROXYCOTIN 30MGS ,I CUT IN HALF AND TAKE ABOUT 4 XS A DAY TO 6 TO MAKE UP FOR NO OXYCOTIN,I AM SLOWLY SCREWING MYSELF,AND THE DR HAS A GUN TO MY HEAD ,ANY SUGGESTIONS,,HELP PLEASE ,PRAY NEED A DR TO HELP GET OFF ,,,PLEASE I AM IN MATAWAN NJ

hey,

your post is very trippy girl... what nature is your pain? did you have an operation or what?
were you ever on any other drug? I hope this won t come as a surprise, but girl, you are on drugs (...abusing oxy for 3 years o.O ...)
I somehow understand you docs- they don t want to give you drugs, which is positive...and i think you are slowly comming off- redusing the amount of pills daily is effective treatment for a start...and then the rest is in your head... but this is a long process...you must understand that (since you have o long history of alcohol and drug abuse)
the therapy with drawing is very positive I guess!!! Just keep it that way ;-)
I wish you all the best!!!

%-) I HAVE HAD 2 VERY SERIOUS SURGIRES TO MY RIGHT CONDYLE,AND REMOVED MY EAR AND PUT STYLASTIC ,WHICH PERFERATED MY EARDRUM AND M EAR WAS BLEEDING,FOR MONTHS,THE DR SAID IT WAS JUST BEDIDINE FROM SURGERY,WENT TO ER AND THEY REMOVED A BLOOD CLOT,THEN I HAD TO HAVE THE SURGERY AGAIN TO REMOVE THE STYLASTIC ,I LOOKED LIKE HEY ARONALD,I HAVE TRIGEMINAL NURALIGA ,BUT NOT A TYPICAL,I HAVE HAD MANY MANY PROCEDURES INJECTIONS,EPADURIALS,AND THE LIKE ,GANGLION BLOCKS THROUGH THE FRONTY OF M THROAT,I ONLY TOOK MEDS AFTER 7+YRS OF TRYING TO GET RID OF BAD UNRELENTING PAIN,I HAVE NOT ABUSED OR ALTERED THE MEDS I HAVE TAKEN,I AM NOT A DRUG ADDATIC,YES I AM ADDTICTED ,BUT IT IS NOT MENTAL,EOPLE ARE NUTTS TO SAY I AMMMMM...I NEED TO GET OFF THIS ROLORCOASTER AND GET DIFFRENT TREATMENT.....BUT I HAVE NO HELP........IT IS NEGLAGENT FOR NO ONE TO HELP ME GET OFF THIS STUFF,I DIDN OTHUING WRONG MY NEUROLIGST FOR 7 + yrs in phx assured me it was not bad to take this medication,i am so sc rewed and dont aappreciate a person being bad natured to me for doing every thing i could to get better abd admitting that the meds are nolonger a good thing they are a bad thing, :-| o.O >;) 8) :-D :-) :-( :-( :O ! !

Oooh this sounds really bad with you. Yo usaid the neurologist assured you it was not bad to take oxcy 7 yrs. long??? This is incredible.

I think you need to take some nature based treatments to get off this damn drugs. You need to have more phisical activities, either living in nature area with less or no stress to avoid conflicts, just to be slack and relaxed. That would help you, but do you have the possibilities for such life?

:$ o.O 8-| thank you for your concerne,i maybe misinformed ,sometimes i dont comunicate well,i said tat only after 7 yrs of all other modalities did i go on oxycotin which i have been taking for 3+yrs.it has taken all my desires away,it took this long to realize,another drug did this to me "topamax"lost a yr of life on the couch,didnt smile,sing,dance no emotions then and now i dont feel like doing anything.
4yrs ago just when i started oxycotin ,i went off it and did detoxification of heave metals through nutrition and cyropractor,and desensatation with vials,you know,?i did hair anylissis.to see metals in body ,high aluminum,lead,no magneses,and i forget,so i spent 1500.00 for inital suplaments this was at cost my girlfriend from church got them for me at cost,ultraclear and citramins,and many others also did liver cleanse,allmost a vegan diet but did have red meat,but no dairy,and such,no sugar,white anything,plus i was recieveing rolffing,and accupuncture,traction and massage,well after a r ,my skin was beautful but i didnt change at all ,oh yea ,before that i was a runner and ran 3 miles 5xs a week some up hill,plus swimming,praying and journling ,is this what ou mean? and YES THE DR SAID IT WAS FINE TO TAKE THE MEDS,I HAD SURGARIEES,LAVAGES,TRIGGER INJECS...BOTOX...GANGLION BLOCK THROUGHT FRONT OF THROAT INTO FRONT OF SPINE,I WOKE UP DURING THIS!HORRID,FACCETTE INJTS,EPADURIALS WHICH HAD A WETT TAPP ,HORRID,I ONLY WENT ON OXY OUT OF DESPERATION ,LAST RESORT WELL IT OBVOUSLY WASNT MY LAST BECAUSE I MUST GET OFF,AND MY HEAD NOW GETS NUMB WHEN I WAKE UP ,THE WHOLE BACK OF MY HEAD!ALSO MY BOTTOM LIP,AND MY HANDS,IT IS EVER CHANGING.WHAT AM I GOING TO DO???HELP :-| :-| :-|

What if the numbness is God saying he will take the pain away, make quiting easier. Let go and let God.

I was reading your post and just wondered if you ever found a solution. I have been on mscontins myself for 3 years now 60mg 2x a day and have since dropped myself down to 15mg 2x a day for maitnance while trying to kick the habbit while in a pain low for a few months. myself i was born with bad kidneys and pass 8-12 large kidney stones a month. I agree that all dr's do is write rx slips its less work for them , and if the condition doesnt change they are not responsible for ordering surgery or operations that could result in wrong outcome. its easyier to just make the person go on and hope to make them comfy. Its terrible but how it works and all dr's do it. Alot of things the medical industry just cant answer yet and only way is to relieve the pain. Its better then nothing in my opinion.

Has anyone experienced pain in the kidneys since being put on oxycotin

i have just been released from a pain management rehabilitation/tappering off about 720mg of roxy & oxy on 06-23-07, i was an in-patient for 4 wks, with trying to get my life back which has not been easy my stomach has been failing me since the re-lease of this program 6-23 i have not been able to cope with life i have seen some changes compared to before that i could say have been better, but my life is a struggle with pain(auto injury in 2003) anxioty,i'm awre that these things are bound to happen, but it's very hard to apply it to my life, i feel that meds created an addiction, due to comfort pain, but not really true, i'm aware but is there any advice that is very needed......

[TO JERSEY GIRL] I AM ALSO ON ROXYS THEY ARE VERY ADDICTING SO I KNOW HOW U FEEL. I LIVE IN MATAWAN ALSO

my baby first born has been struggleing with pain med adction for years now...I thought with what I was taking,and NOW understand there is a huge difrence..
He is taking ins,vs me odone
he is on long acting I am on short
I cant take this much longer.I need a doctor to tell me what to do for him
and for me
AND THE facts are
I dont abuse he allways does
I am conflicting in my mind what is
his truths vs what I am doing
I am in PAIN! daily pain..hellish pain.and also I am Physically adtcied to the medication this is true for anyone taking this type of med for so long,
HWat I dont know is what to do for me..
I am waking up in withdrwal...and my doc said I dont want long term acting? but I am 48 and what shall happen when and as I get older? will IT GET So BAD I WILL simply loose my mind and body due to pain and need for meds?
I dont know what else to say to my doc..she is not very pen about RXING me the meds ITS only been since 2004?
what the heck.I take 15 mgs roxycodone every like 4 hrs but really could be every 3..HWAT THE HECK..
some body tell me what is going on..
MY son is ou of state as well is taking long acting and I dont know a huge ammount..often 80 mgs 3-4xs a day..OH MY GOD how can that be legal?
so guilt sets in..and I dont know how to seperate the 2 me ane my sons abuse and emmense adictions to kill himself and was in Hospitakl 4xs in month for OD and shock.eletrocunvulsive therapy in St Louis..it has killed his vision and memory..yet they still give him pain meds..
Can some one tell me what the hell is doing in this world

I guys wine so much i'm an opiat attic i know why i take yhem and it goes way beond pain get over it get on methodone or suboxone or quit bitching no dr will take you on because u need to get sober

Unbelievable. You cannot talk to people like that. Especially those who are dealing with very serious addictions to the damnedst of drugs. There is nothing that compares with the w/ds that pharmas give you. All I can say to help is move to California and get a MJ script to help distract you from your cravings and restlessness. I get the same w/d's after a couple of weeks of OC use, if you can take breaks, then do so. For those who have been PRESCRIBED OC (or similar) by their DOCTORS, I'm sorry. Most md's I talk to would prefer to prescribe THC but can't because a group of legislators have decided that it is too hard to regulate due to its regularity and occurrence in nature.

Fight it by trying to get back to "normal" and just deal with the unhappiness that we all have to deal with in our daily lives. It makes me sad to read these posts, but all of you are giving me power to believe that I can cut back. I know I will never quit, but I have to take a break for a little while.

Ok Here is my thing anyone taking this medication for a period of time is going to be addicted

whether mental or physical. So for that if you want to get off of them you will basically have

to go to rehab. Any medicine that ends in the suffix codone or contin is highly addictive. When

i had sugery on my wrist they gave me percocet 10mg which is oxycodone and after taking it

for 9 months my doctors cut me off with no warning of without weaning me off. The w/d's

were bad. So when i had the w/d's i would smoke mj which i didn't do before the meds but it

would help tremendously and i did that for around two months about every 2 days or so i

would smoke. but for those of you who say use natural therapy it's bs because you are trying

to get off of an unnatural substance (mostly anyway).and i still have pain to this day but i

have learned to deal with w/o meds or smoke so i am completely free from them for the last

year and there are days that i wish i had one but those are the days the pain is bad but if you

truly have the will power you can get off of them by weaning yourself off of them then find

something to take your mind off the pain when the craving comes on. and i do understand

that it is easier said than done but yes it can be done. Good luck to all of you trying to bead

the dependence. just remember other people have done it so yes it can be done. and don't

use methadone i know people who used methadone clinics to beat their addiction they had for

three years and now they have been trying to beat the methadone addiction for 10 it is highly

addictive and gives a false sense of defeat of your original addiction. (p.s. you all should learn

to type better or at least slow down so that it can make sense to the other people reading it)