Hi Everyone,
I need advice to help get off drugs, I was taking loratabs for 4 years and NEVER got addicted then about a year an a half ago i was told to snort it & it would help better I did that & got addicted then i started doing oxycodone, well the last 4-5 months i been snorting herion an well i was told if i shoot it i could get more 4 my money & so the last 2 months i been shooting it, I cant take the withdrawels trying to go cold Ive got kids & no family to help me, i dont do ANYTHING around my kids & they dont no about it, But if I dont have something I cant get out of bed I get the Cold Chills, Shake real Bad & it can be 90 out an im frezing an get sweats real bad, i spend close to 1000 aweek if not more, any advice will help PLEASE i no i got myself into this but i cant get out of it by my self,.Thanks

Have u considered trying suboxone? It will stop the H withdrawals and you can get it from a Dr. to take at home, no dosing every day at the methadone clinic. The only warning I would give is to take the smallest amount needed to stop your withdrawals and taper down as quickly as you can. If you take suboxone too long you can become addicted to it and the withdrawals take a lot longer and are bad. I'm not trying to scare you. I believe suboxone can be s great aid to stop opiate dependency. Just dont trade one addiction for another.

I did 8 mos of suboxone after being on opiates about a year. I was so anxious and depressed after about 6 weeks on the sub. I had become physically dependant on it. I tried getting off but couldn't handle the withdrawals. I ended up using 30 mg percocets to get through. I know the suboxone stayed in my system about a month after I quit taking it because that's how long it was until I felt the high from th

Sorry clicked submit... But it took a month to feel regular opiates. W/D from opiates is max 10 days as opposed to a month or more on subs. If you just use the subs to get through the H withdrawals and stop before you get dependant on the subs, you can quit with minimal discomfort. Just don't start the subs til u are in withdrawals and don't let a Dr make you believe you need the subs long term.

Search the web for short term suboxone taper and educate yourself on the suboxone and don't give up. I have 3 kids and just took in my best friends daughter and I have been spending $50 a day or more on pills. The guilt is killing me.

I never stopped taking the pills when I used them to get off the suboxone. Now I am on day 2 taking suboxone and I only needed half the dose they had tried telling me I had to take for years or maybe forever. I plan on stopping the subs in 10 days max. Then I will be done with my opiate w/d but not yet dependant on the suboxone.

Good luck whatever you decide to do to get clean. You can e mail me if you need support. My address is my screen name on here at g mail . c o m. I will let u know if I have any w/d after 10th days of the sub. I just want to be off everything so bad, but I cannot handle the withdrawals at all. My kids deserve better. I don't have family to help either but I have found the online community and boards like these very helpful. You can do this!

Oh hun, i really feel for u.

I have just spent the last 3 week detoxing from subutex, which is a heroin substitute. It has been really hard and painful.

Is there ANYONE who can take the kids for a week while you get thru the worst? I have been lucky, as i just live with my partner, and he has looked after everything while i get better.
I have had it all- the chills/ sweats, headaches, RLS, stomach pain, back pain, complete and utter weakness, depression, anger, etc etc.

What country are you in? There is medication to help with the withdrawals, but there is no miracle cure

What you have to remember is that, yeah, you will need a couple of
weeks to get thru it, but just think about the outcome- a lifetime of freedom- surely thats the best investment you can ever make for yourself and your kids?

I looked on suboxone.com I read up on it, but all the doctors in my area are full an can't take anymore patients or they don't take my insurance, an if I pay out of pocket they want to charge 425 a month, I don't have anyone to take the kids for a week, my husbands addicted too so it's not like I can send them with him, I'm willing to try anything I can't take it any more, I'm going to call a few people Monday so I hope I can find a doctor to help, an I live in a small town so there's not a mothadon clinic around,

I know $450 seems like a lot, but compared to the $1000 a week your spending on your habit wouldnt it be better? If you only use the suboxone for a week to 10 days you wont go through a suboxone detox because you wont have had time to become dependant on it. I'm on day 3 and already plan on cutting down my dose today cause I am feeling better. If you cant get in for suboxone, a regular dr can give u clonadine and xanax and if u take advil for the leg aches, it will be more tolerable.

If you cant get in to a sub dr. start asking around to buy some maybe? I swear 10 8 mg subs will get you through the worst. I am thinking of you. You can make it to the other side.

450 is a lot better than the 1000 but I would have to come up with it an I can't do that an deal with not having anything, I'd have to be able to save 450 an get my stuff,, I feel like sh*t my life was so much better before this, I was healthy and happy, I got shot in the knee when I was 18 an that's why I started talking the pills & my husbands spine is messed up so we got legit reasons to why we started the pills. I'm going to email you tonight at your email address, thank you so much for the help, I've got 3 cousins that was on drugs bad but; I can't turn to them cause my family judge's in stead of helping, so no one in my family or my husbands family no about are illness, they do no that we take pain pills from the doctor, but that's ALL they no,

Haha hugs are better then drugs should have listen go to rehab or intervention and be like that lady who was doing those air dusters IM WALKING ON SUNSHINE.... Lol

Ive kicked heroin cold turkey before a few times and under the right conditions its only a 5 day ride. But if you have kids and a job which i do not i HIGHLY suggest a suboxone (subutex) taper. Find a doctor that can prescribe it and I swear its a f*****g cake walk compared to what your expecting. I recently came off a 100 mls of methadone which i was on for about a year. DO NOT GO THAT ROUTE unless its a last resort (Methadone). Withdrawls can last up to 60 days and are way beyond the pain of heroin withdrawls. Anyways i wanted to get completely clean so i started juicing vegetables got a yoga pass and an unlimited pass to an infra red sauna. Started working with a naturopath and got weekly vitamin shots in my ass. B12 is huge. I found much strength in researching spiritual avenues and different non religious gurus and was able to to drop my dose from 100 to 50 mls in one day and then dropped 10 mls a week until i was at 30 mls. I had a spiritual awakening through my own curiosity and research which gave me the strength to push through the physical parts, which were present for about 2 months. Nothing too intense but my cravings were through the roof. I could smell the down when you do a big wack and can smell the gear from the inside out of your body as it makes its way up and into your face n nose then cascading over your brain. This was by far the hardest thing ive ever experienced and im a serious extremist. Broken tons of bones and had many injuries but the physical isnt what gets you. Its the mental part after your off everything, atleast from my experience. Severe anxiety and depression struck me and this turned my world upside down. But i was determined to prove to myself and everyone else that i wasnt gonna become another statistic. My methadone doc saw how hard i was working and decided to prescribe me a 29 day suboxone taper to finish off the rest of this hell. I felt like sh*t but nothing compared to cold turkeying H or Methadone. As soon as i started the suboxone i immediately removed the leash of methadone from my neck and felt freedom and hope for the first time in years. I started on 8 mgs for like 4 days then went to 7 for 4 then 6mgs for 4 days and so on until the last week where i was on 1 mg for a week. withdrawls were minimal and i was able to complete tasks and go to the gym, even work if i had a job (f**k a job). Find your own hustle when your through the hell. And when your going through hell dont stop to look around just keep going. Its easy to find yourself listening to depressing music and feeling sorry for yourself. Empower yourself with knowledge and put your problems in perspective. Read about Aushwitz if u think u got it really bad. WARNING: I was quite sick once i came off the suboxone (subutex) but only for like 3 days and then i was fine. Easily passible as a flu if you need your state of affairs kept quiet. I had great success and was starting to get past the anxiety and depression about two months after getting clean. Antidepressants may be necessary if there are underlying mood disorders underneath the drug use but i dont recommend it. Time is the only thing that will heal you. PAWS or Post Acute Withdrawl symptoms will most likely creep in after youve battled the physical part. Everyones different but for me it was intense paranoia anxiety and depression. Exercise and a strong support group/some sort of spiritual open mindedness along with time and patience will have you back to your old self in a couple months. PAWS can last from 6 months to 2 years depending on your usage but yours is quite low (in terms of time smashing it) even though it sounds like your doing at least a gram a day... I was able to stay clean after for a couple months but i made the mistake of keeping some using friends in the loop thinking i had the answer and could help them. Unfortunately i blindly mistook there claims for help as a chance to rope me back in. And the second my buddy came over with some and smoked in the bathroom i was systematically on the way to the dealers for that familiar sunrise on my soul. After all the work i put in to get clean and kick the methadone i was wired again. point: no matter how much you love them you must let go of the ppl that still use and if they throw the life raft at you to bring them on board make sure you set boundaries. I just recently moved home to my folks to get away from the scene and was using coke to keep my withdrawls hidden from them and maintain a level of energy that did not attract attention. I was banging it which i dont recommend but as the lesser of 2 evils i managed to detox from down and stay active during that week that wouldve bin spent on the couch moaning and crying at commercials haha f**k me the emotional ice block unfreezes and the tears stream hot at the dumbest sh*t. I did this all on my own due to the constant problems that arose from the 12 step programs. They work for some, but some cant swallow the 70 yr old guide. New discoveries have bin made since 1937 and although a spiritual awakening is the biggest catalyst to sobriety there are other less god orientated groups called Smart meetings, and are a big help and are not so cult or religious orientated. Stay strong and remember that neuroplasticity will have you back to your old self in a matter of months. I know us addicts want it now but just stay strong and trust me when i say it will get better!!!!! Best of luck!!!!!!!