I have been using oxycotin for 4 years now, I intially started off with being prescribed 4- 10-mg of hydro- cordone per day for the fisrt two years for a back injury I sustained from building rock walls, anyhow after 2-years I asked my doctor if I could try some of the more pure stuff and quit taking all the tylenol as from all the reports of how hard it is on one's Liver, ( Bad Mistake ) If I only new just how addicting this stuff is I would have never went here.
Anyhow I am prescribed 110-mg per Day , a 30-mg oxycotin--- A 20-mg Oxycotin and 4- 15-mg oxycodone instant release per day.
I am to the point where I just want to get off the stuff all-together as I am so dependant a much nicer word to use then I am an addict!
of which I am .
I have reviewed all the various options to get off the " junk " between Ibogaine treatment of which has had some profound results for many, but is Illegal for use in the U.S.
And then looked into a treatment center for Rapid detox and other slower detox programs of where one will stay for upto one to two weeks if needed or more. for a rough price tag of $15,000 fortunately my Ins will cover this.
I have decided to try a slow taper program first with my doctor, of 5-mg per week or even if it takes 2-weeks of 5-mg drops , it may take 3 to 4 Months of this but slow and easy , well easy as possible to get off the stuff seems to be the way, of course one must truly want this in there heart and have a strong will if they try to do it on there own. This method seems to provide the least form of withdrawl. I do not suggest anytype of Cold Turkey if possible ,as you will suffer badly mentally--Physically-- And many times not mentioned physiologically of which is the beast.
being honest and wanting to be finished with the c**p is the 1-st step . Then if you have a doctor prescribing it , Tell him you wish to begin a slow taper. I find for myself cutting out the Instant release form of the meds is the best way, so stay with the time release form the oxycotin as you will keep a more sustained even balance. Verses those Instant Release Oxycodone's they seem to have too much peaks and valleys and seem to be harder to manage daily intake. So I asked my doctor to prescribe me 30-mg---30-mg--30-mg--15-mg of oxycotin and 30---5-mg Instant release to equal my 110-mg per day, I have the 30 pills of the 5-mg that I do not plan on taking, and will only consume the time release oxycotin 105-mg for the first 2-weeks ,
then I am going to step down to 30mg---30--mg--30-mg and 10-mg oxycotin = 100-mg per day after two weeks , step down to
30mg---30mg--30mg And 5-mg , two more weeks I cut out the 5-mg, and am now down to 30mg--30mg 30-mg per 90mg total with little to No-withdrwal symtoms.
2-weeks later step 5-mg And so on, Who cares if it takes 3 TO 4- Months , at least you will not loose your, Mind--Your Job--or relationship perhaps.
And this method has the BEST final results for eliminating the chance's of Relapse.
And you will not go through living hell in the process. I hope this info provides some type of support for those out there batteling the same senario.
Good Luck You Can And Will Beat it!

i am gonna try the same thing! God, i hope i dont have to suffer too much!!  Thanks for ur info,, this is what iv been looking for,,,,weaning off .  Thank u!!