Ive done it twice - once the hard way by tapering and it was pure hell and I only was on 2 mg per day when I started and that my friends is still way way too much. I was on 2 mg a day for 2 months - nothing major but trying to get off of that by tapering and tapering to practically nothing was the hardest thing I ever did but I did it and after about 30 days of no suboxone I was about 90 percent. NOW I WILL TELL YOU ABOUT DOING IT MY WAY:

Get back on the pills for 2 months and get that nasty suboxone out of your system. I'm not joking. Don't go crazy on the pills - go 20-40 mg per day max. The lower the better of course. If you like perk 10's then 2-3 per day max is recommended. Loritabs are better cause they are weaker. I would ease into them. Stop taking the suboxone and then wait as long as you can - 24 to 48 hours and then start with a half a 10mg pill. Make sure you don't get sick because when you take them both on the same day you can get sick. Anyway however you can do it switch off the suboxone back onto the pills for 2 months. Most of you out there know that you can switch between suboxone and oxycodone or perks or tabs - as long as you have one or the other. If you only can get 30's then take one to 1 1/2 max per day. Just think you get to get off suboxone and feel good for 2 months on perks or oxys - but keep it low. If you've been on suboxone for a while then a low dose of oxys or perks should give you a nice buzz for a while - but once again don't be a m***n and keep upping you dose.

Once you have been back on the oxys or perks or loritabs for 2 months now its time to make your move. You go off the pills and back on the suboxone for 4 days. 4 days is all you need on suboxone and you barely take much of the suboxone at all. The doctors have patients taking way way way way way way too much of that stuff. Get a 2mg strip and cut it in half. Cut it in half again. Now you have a .50 mg piece of suboxone. Cut that into 4 pieces. Those 4 pieces is all you need to quit. Take 1 piece each day for 4 days and then do not take any more - you are done. Thats how strong suboxone really is. All you need total to quit is one .5 mg piece period. I actually took it for 3 days then missed 1 day then I took the 4th piece on day 5 and I did'nt need any more. Your not gonna get hooked on .5 mg of suboxone over 4 or 5 days and its well enough to get you past the hard part of quitting the opiates. The hard part of quitting opiates is 5 days. After 5 days you are pretty much in the clear. You won't feel great for the next week but its very bareable. Very important also is to go to a health food store about 4 days before this switch off opiates to the minimal suboxone and get some B50 and some dopa mucuna and testo jack and dhea and homocysteine regulators - they all come in the NOW brand or you can order it online. These supplements will give you energy and kick star your brain into producing dopamine again. You can even go to a health food store and tell a knowledgeable owner what you are doing and they will reccommend most of this stuff - it helps big time. Take all those pills twice a day. Follow my plan and you will happily be off suboxone and opiates in 8-10 days and feeling OK. You will not go thru any hard withdrawels. Its not the best week of your life but its not too bad. You will need a little xanax to fall asleep for a while and some unisom or tylenol PM's or all 3. I still need some help falling asleep but nothing major and I got off everything quite easily I might say. You can do it to - just get it in your head that its time to quit and this is the easyist way on earth to quit suboxone and opiates if you ask me. If you happen to be on opiates just go on that incredibly low dose of suboxone for 4 or 5 days and you are done. Don't listen to any doctor because they will put you on doses that are way way too high. Also I really think you need one 2 mg strip to do this. Im not sure you can break up a 8 mg pill that small. Good luck!

That has to be the dumbest post I have ever read. If we could control our opiate use we wouldn't need suboxone or treatment at all. That's why he is in this situation. If he could have controlled the amount of oxxy's or vics or whatever he was on then he wouldn't be on here asking about suboxone. Telling him to start taking the opiates again could be giving him a death sentence.

Your missing the whole point. Have you takin subs? I can tell you from first hand experience that although detoxing from heroin or oxy may be more intense, it isnt s**t compared to trying to come off long term suboxone use. Suboxone is an opiate its the exact same thing. Little did you know when you started treatment you were getting yourself worse into it then you ever thought imaginable. Oxy withdrawl peaks 3 days after use, suboxone withdrawl peaks two weeks after long term use.. Try going through horrible opiate withdrawls for a month to two months straight. Thats the whole point hes trying to make its easier to come off normal opiates then subs.. Just man up and quit if your currently on oxy or heroin.

Suboxone is 20 times stronger then morphine. Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself. Who ever invented this horrible drug should get the death penalty.

i am on 2mg of Suboxone and i tried to go off of it the other day.. i woke up the following morning at 3 am in major withdrawal ... i was freaking out, my Dr told me i proly wouldn't feel anything, i am so scared. they put me on this to make it easier for me to ween of of the med i was on for my back surgery. I don't know what to do, i have a 4 year old to get off to school and take care of, my other children are older and can take care of them selves. I feel trapped like i am never going to be able to do this. i read the story by Big A and i would really like to talk to you, i believe what you are saying to be true ....is there any way we could have a phone conversation???? im so desperate to be done with all of this but i don't think my dr would put me back on the pills and i don't think Dr's have any clue to how strong suboxone is.....they just don't get it, i thought great i am down to 2 mg this is going to be easy......wrong please help

What do you think I should do??? How much longer am I going to have to be in this insomnia hell? I quit cold turkey at 8 mg's just stopped taking it b/c I ran out and the doc office which gets $150 out of my hardworking mother every couple months for 15 minutes of no useful info was being rude! I got the med list for the local detox place and just did it myself. Subutex, Muscle Relaxers, and Benzo's. I hate being hooked on anything so I weaned myself off the hated benzo which was helping with the lack of dopamine production. I rarely take the MR or Subutex, but resorted to taking the Subutex which I think gave me gastrointestinal trouble. It's Monday of week 4 tomorrow, and I don't think I can take much more of not being able to sleep! I finally feel alive again being off the Suboxone, I even found out how much it was dampering my sex drive too which I was unaware of for the yr and a half I was on it. My sponsor in NA told me hers was 41 days, I'm hoping I'm coming to the end of this hell. She quit cold turkey and refused to work the 4th step w/me being on Suboxone. While I hated her for it, I'm now grateful! But please help!!!!!!

Here's the rest of my story:

I know everything that is typed on the internet is public, and I am a trained therapist who has been dealing with Suboxone withdrawal for going on four weeks now! BUT IF I CAN HELP A FEW PPL NOT GO THROUGH THE HELL I HAVE BEEN GOING THRU THIS WAS WORTH IT!  I'm definitely not happy to still be experiencing hot/cold flashes throughout the day and night. Anxiety that gets very uncomfortable, deep pain with what feels like is the soft tissue between my joints, and it feels like this will never end. I WANT to stress to anyone out there who is toying with opiates, I now believe that it is one of the fastest routes Satan will use on this earth to keep us down and away from God! Pain is a part of life and it is very easy to get hooked, 3 days and your done.....so be vigilant. IF IT FEELS TOO GOOD AND IT'S OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF IT IS A TRAP! I truely believe now that God uses our pain to bring us closer to him, but Satan also uses it....so be careful, the enemy is close....but the Holy Spirit is closer!!!!   This drug Suboxone has real side effects too, for the whole year and a half I was on it, starting at 24 mg and now getting off it, quitting at 8 mg which was really the lowest comfortable dose I could deal with....and even then I had insomnia for the 6 months I was trying to get off it. The company even paid for my medicine to be free, because they have 3 scholarships per doctor, but this too is a trap.....I kept having dreams about my teeth falling out.  I now know that was a warning from GOD to get off the stuff, because in one year I went from having 0 cavities and a perfect checkup at the dentist, to 5 major cavities. 1 that is almost a root canal, and I am religious about flossing and brushing(and was for the year and a half I was on this POISON).

My cleaning from last week, the hygenist said I had barely any plaque to clean....how then do I now need $2,000 in dental work~~~I"m telling you get off SUBOXONE NOW!!!!! IT'S LIKE METH FOR YOUR TEETH....I THINK, WOW, WHAT IS THIS c**p DOING TO THE CALCIUM IN MY BONES IF MY TEETH ARE ALL MESSED UP. I'M VERY ANGRY THAT MY MOTHER IS HAVING TO HELP ME WITH ALL THIS DENTAL WORK BECAUSE OF THIS DRUG, IT IS NOT NOT NOT SAFE!!!!!!! IT IS STILL HALF AN OPIATE, AND IS NOT HEALING YOUR BRAIN LIKE THEY'D LIKE YOU TO THINK, HOW CAN IT IF HALF OF IT IS STILL THE STUFF U ORIGINALLY GOT ADDICTED TO!!!!! IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE RIGHT!!!!!!WAKE UP PEOPLE, THIS STUFF IS VILE POISION, STAY ON IT FOR ONLY A SHORT WHILE IF U CAN HELP IT!!!!!

I agree, Hitler inventing the Methadone was working just fine, I kicked that with no problem, but I hope whoever invented this damn drug burns in hell!!!!

TIM A wrote:

Quote:

Exactly, I had a internal medicine doc who doesn't know jack sh*t about this drug, put me on methadone first, just to withdraw me off it, which was EASY PEASY, in comparison to this Suboxone withdrawal, now going on 4 frikkin weeks!!!!! I think this company needs a class action law suit. I'm telling you this drug causes major long term damage, the likes we have not yet seen! Hitler was an angel when he invented methadone in the 1950's compared w/the micro technology we have today!!!!! 50 yrs later they come up w/this miracle drug, that I deep down believe they didn't study the long term effects of, to make a quick buck in the big opiate market, and now we will be the ones paying w/our health!!!!

I almost killed a friend of mine giving him a what I considered small piece, he was taking benzo's, and drinking. It was probablly only 4mg's which was nothing when I was taking 24 mg's a day, but I did learn a hard lesson that day as to the strength of this stuff. It is definetly something to be cautious with! My ex had withdrawal symptoms and was throwing up the day after I gave him even less. The stuff is crazy, I don't think he had ever been more messed up in his life, and he was a daily drinker! Be careful out there with this drug....there's a warning on the label to be cautious w/it around kids....and with good reason!!!! Stay safe out there!!!!

Megan McBride wrote:

leewen wrote:

Personally I think the best way to detox is to taper the point to where your taking literally a piece of dust, suboxone is that strong. After getting to that point, try skipping every other day for a few weeks, then every other two days. Suboxone has a half life of 72 hours so it really does stay in your system a long time which makes it a little easier to skip days although it does suck either way! The more you can taper down the easier the withdrawals will be. If your looking for a quicker and somewhat easier way I would def recommend what the first post said. It may sound crazy but it works. Eating healthy, exercising and supplementing with OTC and herbal supplements will help with sleeping and the withdrawals, However its a very tough and difficult road no matter what you do. I had a friend that quit subs cold turkey and he went through horrible withdrawals for 2 or 3 weeks and then not as bad withdrawals for a month and a half after. This drug is no joke.

Big A i think you have it figured out... I think that its mostly mentally that the pain pills may feel as though they are "cleaning out your system" (pain killers only cause euphoria and prevent withdrawal for 4-24 hours.. then your brain creates craving causing a domino effect... thus feeding the monkey on your back! UGH! sucks!!) So in my opinion you are just wasting your money.... check out this diagram.  http://www.withdrawal-ease.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/receptors_hires.jpg when you are taking the suboxone The opiods are blocked and the empty receptors are replaced with Buprenorphine and since  Buprenorphine has a stronger ability to bind it EJECTS existing opiods and blocks other from attaching therefore physically not helping as much as one may make their self believe. Suboxone can stick around and help you for 24-72 hours before it wears off all though even after the vague euphoric effects wear off it STILL blocks opiods from attaching to your receptors! So I for sure agree doctors are prescribing the doses extremely high (which i'm sure is like adderal... they got to experiment with you to get the exact right dose for you seeing how everyone is different!) I'm also POSITIVE uncle Sam is just getting his cut in the hillbilly herion epidemic.... hell don't they always get a cut and prosper while we struggle with addictions and hardships. There is a much brighter future for us if we quit.

My husband and I have been fighting addiction our whole entire relationship basically.... we been together since Juniors in HS and had our first child at 18/19 yrs old... God married when i was 20 and been together ever since.... 12 years this year!! Two beautiful children later and thoughts of another one if we could ever kick the habit that "gets us off the habit" UGH! ha.... I've learned mostly through time addiction is so much more mental than physical... "mind over matter". and I'm not going to say there is no pain cause i would totally be lying!! I hurt everyday of my life... I have a Chronic Pain Condition that makes me want to stay in bed most times! But I have children like I said and I want them to have the best and that means I need to be at my best and not only that but STAY at my Best 99% of the time.... that seems to b the hardest part for us!! Eminem's "Drug Ballad" says it perfectly.... JUST SAY NO AHAHA... no seriously!!
Quote:
Cause every time I go to try to leave
Someone keeps pullin' on my sleeve
I don't wanna, but I gotta stay
These drugs really got a hold of me

Cause every time I try to tell them "no" They won't let me ever let them go

I'm a sucker all I gotta say These drugs really got a hold of me

I want us to get off these suboxones and stay away from the previous opiods and all other drugs that take me away from the reality of living life like a "normal" person... id rather withdrawal than to go back to any of them. I need pain meds ( which is why Ky/Oh need to LEGALIZE maurijauna!!! AHAHA) but i just want to wake up in the MORNING... (PRE-NOON) and b like i use to b... makes the kids breakfast... make the bed, clean house.... GO TO COLLEGE.... get life on track for once... Id say 27 is as good a age as any... GOOD LUCK EVERYONE MUCH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU FIGHTING, DON"T GIVE UP! Remember...... MIND OVER MATTER!

im gonna try out what you have said in ur post i really hope i can do it to cause im so sick of being on subs! thanks! wish me luck!

I know this is old,so it might not even get read but I agree with you completely,I've been on this stuff for 3 & 1/2yrs and I've tried everything to get off and I can't,I just don't know how I can get 2months worth of anything. I really wish I knew what I was getting into from the get go.I am gonna try your methos as soon as I can it's my last resort I don't know what to do anymore!

The amount of ignorance in these replies is amazing. Yes it sucks getting off suboxone, I'm doing it now. I'm down to 6 mg from 12, in about 3 weeks. I was down to a crumb once before but the lack of drive and happiness I couldn't take anymore and got back on. I have severe panic attacks and am on disability. I'm also switching from Xanax to klonopin. It's been very rough this process and sucks. But to say suboxone is bad is wrong, it's great having a medication to get off opiates you don't have to go to clinic everyday to get methadone. Long term suboxone use prob should be stopped, I've been on it 5 years, and I'm sick of it.

seems to me all you want is another hook up for pain meds.. i have heard ALL KINDS OF STORIES!!
i was on cocain/oxycontin/morphine and shootin all of it.. i never took any pills i always injected it.. as long as you have access to the drug or have ANY POSSIBLE WAY TO GET IT you will feen for it and your brain wil start tellin your body to hurt so then you think OH MY GOD I CANT TAKE THIS I NEED SOMETHING TO GET OFF THIS AND STOP THE WITHDRAWS! its all a mind game.. i was shootin WAY OVER 5090 milligrams of oxy-contin a DAY AND sometimes more.. and was the same way.. as long as i had a way to get it i thought i had to have it.. WELL FOR MY LUCK!! i got sent to prison for burglary and theft because i didnt have money to keep my habbit up so i stole to get what I THOUGHT I NEEDED!! anyways once i got to prison i knew my high was over and was more than likely NO WAY OF ME GETTIN IT or anything else to help me and i just knew i was going to die from withdraws.. well GUESS WHAT?? I NEVER HURT 1 TIME!! as long as my brain knew i COULD NOT GET IT EVEN IF I HAD MONEY OR MEANS TO i never thought about it anymore so by not thinkin about it i never hurt from it or withdrawn from it.. ALL IM SAYIN IS FOR ME ALL I NEEDED TO DO WAS FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO KEEP MY MIND OCCUPIED and NOT thinkin of the drugs and after 1 month i WAS CLEAN AND NO WITHDRAWS AT ALL!!

I STAYED CLEAN FOR 6 YEARS EVEN AFTER PRISON and now am on saboxone.. why i tried it i have no frikkin idea..LOL.. anyways when im tryin to quit it as long as its close or anywhere that i know i have a chance to get it and im not stayin busy at something that keeps me interested and occupied i will hurt and want it.. BUT IF I FIND ANYTHING TO KEEP MY MIND FROM THINKIN ABOUT SABOXONE LIKE WORK OR JUST HOBBIES I NEVER HURT OR FEEN FOR IT! so what im saying is try to find anything to keep you from thinking of the drug and how you can get it and wear your self out by work or anything that you really love to do and once your tired ya go home and go to sleep!! after about a week of that your in perfect condition to just start tellin all your SO CALLED FRIENDS AND DRUG DEALLERS NO I QUIT and that will give you even more power and self esteem to stay away from them.. TRUST ME ITS ONE HELL OF A FEELING TO HAVE THEM IN FRONT OF YOU AND BE ABLE TO SAY NO I QUIT AND WALK AWAY FEELING GREAT!! it makes you even stronger the next time you say no.. BUT THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO QUIT!!

thats my story and how i quit!!