I have been taking 4 80mg of oxycontin a day and have been able to take 6 in one day. I have been on Oxys and Perks for over 2 years and 1 week ago went to see my doctor to get on the methadone program. He started me at 25mg and it didn't seem to work very well so I went back and the doc put it up to 35mg a day. So I am still feeling alittle withdraw so I went to my doctor today June 07th and he put it up to 45mg I will take it at lunch time. My question is how hard is it to get off of methadone I have been on for 2 weeks it cost me $7.23 for each dose of methadone so I want to get off as soon as posible. Any help or ideas.

Thanks
Steve

Did u ask your doc about suboxin to get rid of the withdraw symptoms. I used it a while back to get rid of the terrible withdraw symptoms and it helped alot!

there's a pretty strong consensus that methadone is the best thing you can be on to maintain a long-term opiate use, because of it's long action, whether for legitimate long term pain, or simply that you don't think you can actually ever live without opiates. it's upside is also it's downfall, as it's also the hardest to stop using, and I mean worse than heroin. Withdrawls that would last a week on short-acting opiates will drag on for months with methadone. If you want to quit a habit, stop the methadone right now and take the advice and get on suboxone, subutex, or bupe.. once you get full on daily into the methadone, ever stopping will be a bigger problem than if you had a heroin habit..

Hey thanks for that advice. The problem that I'm having is that I can not get Suboxone, Subutex or bupe here in Canada however I can try to go to New York 3 hour drive just off hand what dose it cost for those drugs? Well I need help on this I need to get off of methadone.

Thanks for all your help
Steve

**edited by moderator**no emails allowed**

Depends on the dose, quantity and insurance. I was paying about 5$ a pill w.o insurance Suboxone is really expensive and f*****g terrible..... I ended up going cold turkey in the end and went through hell anyways sometimes you need to go through hell to make sure you never go back. Dig Me?..... Suboxone and Methadone are horrible and more addictive than any other opiates......