I had a car accident years ago and was prescribed pain killers and the Dr has been upping the amount to the point i feel nothing at all.I have been taking opiates for 6 years and I take 2 - 100mg of morphine and 4 - 30 mg Oxycontin a day but feel nothing i get no pain relief what so ever is this not a huge amount of opiates. Has anyone out there had no effect when taking opiates. i feel that i just need to get off the pills sense they are not doing anything for the pain. if anyone knows the best way to get off these. I have the pills to taper off if anyone has any idea how the best way to get off these. i have read that cold turkey has pain and all kinds of bad stuff. if i were to take less and less would this not make it better. any suggestions would be appreciated , thanks

i have just issued a post and am trying to get it posted, but need to reply to 3 others, so am replying, i am trying to do the same as you, get off meds.

it's so nice to find one who shares a simialer story i also was in an accident ,my doctor had me on norcos,then one dr.appt she said your on 30 migram oxycotten well as an addict i said yes and from there on iv whent from 30 now to 80 3 times a day and 2 30 for break through,i so dont get no relief tylonal helps me for pain i just stay numb i ask to be winged off and they compltley cut me off,what do i do?please helpif your out there.