Hello, folks. I have a friend who has recently started to develop some strange behavior. It seems he has not one emotion or whatsoever. I wonder if that is schizophrenia. I have read something in the newspapers. Can anyone help? I would really appreciate all your help. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hi, there. You are probably right. The absolute absence of emotion is characteristic for schizophrenia. These people are not able to feel any kind of emotion. They cannot even provoke any kind of emotion in their surroundings. I don’t know whether your friend has this. You should take him to the psychiatrist. Only they can examine and make a proper diagnosis. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck!

Hi !

I am suffering from schizophrenia from the past 1 year and 2 months. I have lost every emotion of mine. I have seen a pyschiatrist and am on Abilify and Cymbalta. Till date, there is no positive effect on my loss of emotions. Over the first 6 months, my positive symptoms and psychosis got over. But since then I am still suffering from lack of feelings.

Can you tell me if your friend has visited a psychiatrist, and what did the psychiatrist prescribe your friend?