Hi, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with paranoid frantic psychosis. He has some frantic ideas that he is being followed. I would like to know something more about this condition. Can it be cured? What do you know about this? I would really appreciate all your help. Thanks for answering.

Hello, there. Frantic ideas of being followed are common for paranoid frantic psychosis. In any case, a psychiatrist must be consulted. The treatment is often hard. These patients are often resistant to any kind of treatment. I think that psychotherapy is not enough here. It must be combined with medications. Consult with your friend’s psychiatrist. I hope he will feel better. Good luck!

Hi there,
The fact is that paranoid psychosis is break with the reality. It can include extreme fears and anxieties where the patient often experiences delusions. You have to understand that paranoia is very often associated with delusions. How long has he been like this? I know that sometimes this can come gradually after some time but some can experience this in very short period of time. Is he using any kind of medication right now? He would need a therapy and he has to understand that these therapies in many cases last for very long period of time. This is not something that you can cure over one or two sessions with the doctor.
All the best,
Danella