Hello, my friends. I have a friend who suffers from schizophrenia. I know that this is a very difficult disease. One of his symptoms is that he is not being able to show emotions at all. Is this common for this kind of patients? I would appreciate all your replies considering this.

Hi, there. I am afraid this is quite common for schizophrenic patients. Not being able to show emotions is something that is usual for these people. They do not have emotions at all. They cannot provoke some sympathy or any other emotion in other persons. This is totally different from depressed patients who are extremely sad. I don’t know how this emotion loss reacts to treatment. Perhaps, you should talk to your friend’s psychiatrist. Maybe, he will have something to say something. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!