Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with catatonic schizophrenia. I know that this is a serious condition. He has been showing some destructive behavior. I would appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Is this a common thing? I hope someone will answer my post. Bye, folks.

Hi, there. Schizophrenia in general is characterized by altered behavior, perception and thinking. Catatonic schizophrenia is just one of the forms. It can manifest with extreme inactivity or on the contrary – activity that isn’t related to other people’s expectations. I think this makes room for destructive behavior. They can flap with their hands or mimic other people’s speech or movements. I am not sure whether they break things in their surroundings. Maybe someone else will give us the answer. I hope your friend will feel better. Good luck!

Hi, there. I had a neighbor with catatonic schizophrenia. I must admit that he was totally redrawn. In fact, he used to get quite often into catatonic state. He would make some weird position and stay in that way for hours. It seemed like he does not react to his environment. Like he had the most elastic joints in the world. You can’t imagine these positions. He wasn’t violent. I don’t know if destructive behavior is characteristic for this kind of schizophrenia. I hope your friend will feel better. Bye!