I meet a girl whose father seemed as strange person. When I told my mother something about him, she told me that is probably psychosis. I have noticed he is seeing, hearing, feeling, or otherwise perceiving things that are not there. I guess my mother’s right, but anyway, I would like to know that for sure. Is it possible alcohol do that to him, because I think she told me he used to drink a lot before?

Definition of psychosis sounds as a loss of contact with reality. Typically, it is including delusions, or false ideas about what is taking place or who one is. This kind of persons has and hallucinations, seeing or hearing things which are not there. Psychosis is a severe mental condition caused by a numerous potential causes. One of these causes is alcohol and certain drugs can induce psychosis, which is probably problem with your friend’s father. Beside these, this mental condition called psychosis can be caused by bipolar disorder, or manic depression, brain tumors, epilepsy, psychotic depression, and schizophrenia. Symptoms that might help you to recognize psychosis are seeing, hearing, feeling, or otherwise perceiving things that are not there, or hallucinations, which you have already noticed. He might be disorganized thought and have speech emotion exhibited in an abnormal manner. Psychological evaluation and testing are used to diagnosis the cause of the psychosis, and that is the only way to be sure.