Hello, guys. I have a friend that has been recently diagnosed with personality disorders. I have noticed that he is unusual, but I would never say he has this. I would like to know if this is possible since he had no parents around him. I hope someone will answer my post. Thanks in advance.

Hello to you too. Personality disorder can easily happen in unstable family surroundings. It is true that your friend had no parents. I believe, however, that growing up without them is not easy. It can bring many frustrations. Childhood abuse can bring various personality disorders. You haven’t mentioned whether he had something similar. I hope this post was helpful to you. Good luck to your friend. Bye!

Hello, everyone. I would recommend not forgetting inheritance. It is true that this friend of yours didn’t have parents. However, we don’t know what kind of their mental state was. Maybe they had some psychosis. A person has high risks to develop a personality disorder if there is a case of psychosis running in his families. Schizophrenia is just one psychosis that follows this rule. And I agree that some events in childhood can play also an important role. You can consult an expert about this. I hope I’ve helped a little. Good luck!