Could nuvaring cause Wieght gain or weight loss?

My girlfriend gained tons of weight since she started nuvaring only about two weeks ago :-( I Don't mind, as she's always going to be beautifal to me, but I know it hurts her inside because she has been exercising hard since May 2009 and in two weeks, from early october, the mid october 2009, she gained ALL of her weight back and more. She has a 'hefty' body type, so losing weight was really hard for her. The actually got pretty slim, her ribs we even few inches poked out from her stomach. Now it has totally reversed.
Personally, I have a lot of difficulty finding positive reviews for nuvaring that aren't paid for by the company, or directly related to the nuvaring website. I think you'd be better off with pills. Remembering to take a pill is a lot safer than totally blowing up your mood and getting super distant and depressingly apathetic. I don't know how much longer I can take the unpredictable mood either. I do everything I can to make her happy, but she acts so different. She even lost what I always thought of as her 'scent'. She even smelled different, and, that may sound weird but, I grew to enjoy her the way she felt and smelled. Now she feels like someone different, in her reactions, her scent, her body is quickly reacting as well as her mind.
I don't know if shes going to leave me in a rage, or if I have to protect my heart and tell her I can't do this anymore. But I'm not a doctor, just read the reviews.

I recently found this discussion https://www.steadyhealth.com/nuvaring_weight_gain_t59338.html?page=4 after gaining tons of weight on the nuvaring and not being able to lose it with the gym and even Atkins that had always worked for me in the past. Finally after 2 1/2 of years of blaming the nuvaring for the extra weight and my body just feeling different to me. My arms would never get cut the way they used when I would lift weights etc. I always said that the birth control somehow really changed my hormones.
So, I went on antibiotics for strep throat. Low and behold my back hurt and my face broke out the way it used to before birth control. I went away to Boston and ate lobster rolls, dessert and all other yummy foods. I lost 3 pounds. Since then my arms are returning to their usually trim distinct bicep and triceps instead of the tree trunks that were attached to my torso for two years. Please if anyone finds that antibiotics reverse their hormones please post.