I should have omnicet because of middle ear infection. I’m 26 years old, male. As I use to have some otcs from time to time, like herbal remedies for reducing stress, antacids and pain medications, I would like to know if any interaction is possible with omnicet. Can I have these drugs at the same time with omnicet, what can happen to me if I do that? I mean, would it cause side effects on me or just on the dose of antibiotic that can be absorbed?

Antacids should be avoided in generally, but if not, then taken at least two hours before or after omnicef, because of interaction and decreasing absorption of antibiotic by antacid. It is recommended to tell to your doctor about all the medications that you use, so it is not safe to mix the drugs just as you like it and feel that need it. Multivitamins supplements that contain minerals like iron and magnesium interact with omnicef, so should also be taken 2 hours before or after antibiotic is taken. Medications that are used for other purposes, like sedatives and anxyolitics, even herbal, should be discussed with physician, because interactions are not just based on affecting absorption.