I’m interested in mechanism of atonel in postmenopausal osteoporosis. Have you tried it? Is it more effective that common calcium supplements? I have started thinking about taking some supplements or medications for prevention of osteoporosis. What are your experiences with atonel like?

It is actually actonel, drug that is prescribed for treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal period. It also works by strengthening the bones. Actonel belongs to group of drugs called biophosphonates, and calcium and vitamin D supplements can be used along with actonel, but not exactly at the same time of the day as actonel, because of absorption in intestine. Also, it should be avoided to be taken along with antacids, because of the same reason. I can say that actonel works very well in decreasing bone loss, but if it is about treating menopausal symptoms, I would recommend you to try with cimicifuga extract or pills, they are just excellent in treatment of all the hormonal misbalances and their consequences.