What are the ingredients of ambien? What class of drugs does it belong? Has it anything in common with sedatives or anxyolitics? I was thinking about sleeping disorder therapy, because I’ve developed a condition that I call sleeping anxiety. I’m scared to fall asleep at night and stay keeping my eyes opened. This is the only symptom that has occurred, so I guess it’s nothing serious? Should I try with ambien?

Ambien contains zolpidem tartarate and belongs to class of drugs called hypnotics. It’s not anxyolitic, but has certain sedative effects, like all sleep medications do, I guess. I’m not sure if I should suggest you to start with ambien. I used it when had sleeping problems and it really helped, but those were just common sleeping problems, not anxiety. If I were you, I’d visit my physician and that would be the only way to get proper therapy. I guess that you may get benzodiazepines; they may work better for you than ambien.