Please tell me something about interactions of vicodine with other drugs. What medications should ber avoided while on vicodine treatment? Would it be safe for me to use valium with vicodine sometimes, because I use it from time to time? I’m not on anti anxiolitic therapy, but need to take diazepam sometimes. So, should I avoid doing that? What are the most meaningful interactions of vicodine with common used drugs?

Concomitant use of valium and vicodine can cause depression of central nervous system because of additive effect of the drugs. Other narcotic analgesics, alcohol, antianxiety medications have additive effect on cns depression with vicodine. Also antidepressants like mao inhibitors interact with vicodine and cause increased effect of either narcotic or antidepressant. Interactions are possibly to be decreased or avoided when reduced doses of medications are used.