I am currently taking the pill but I have missed a couple pills by about 8 hours or so over the past few months. I have been taking the pill for about a year and a few months. Most the time me and my fiance use other protection with a few exceptions.

I am not sure why I am worreid about this but I have been feeling really off lately. I have been having pretty bad mood swings for a few weeks now and my fiance has noticed that my boobs have gotten bigger. I have recently noticed that the area around the nipple has gotten bigger and a bit more pronounced. Also, I have been exceptionally tired. Even just tidying up around our home seems to wear me out within a short amount of time. Normally I am a very active person and always full of energy, but I seem to have lost that spark. When me and my fiance were visiting with his son, he commented that I had a glow about me. I am not sure if he ment just a happy one or not but it made something click in my head and now I am concerned that our precautions weren't enough.

I have looked at the early symptoms of pregnancy lists and I seem to have quite a few of the symptoms. Not all but quite a few of them. My periods are extremely light lately. Only lasting a day and a half and barely coloring the tampon. I only have to change the tampon due to the frequent bathroom breaks.

Will it hurt the potential baby if I stay on the pill until I know for sure?
Will a home pregnancy test work while I am on the pill?
Is there any red flag symptoms that scream pregnancy as the only reason?

Next question, I am flat broke is there somewhere I can get a home pregnancy test CHEAP!?

Any advice/ or answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

- concerned 101

Hi honey! The missing the pill by 8 hours is NO big deal at all! What you have to remember that NO Birth control is 100% effective, the pill is 99% so that means 1 time out of 100 the pill fails! It does sound like you are pregnant BUT this can also be from hormones in the pill or an ovarian cyst! So if you go to your local Planned Parenthood Clinic they should be able to do the test for free! IF you don't have one where you live, you and your boyfriend are going to have to get together to pay for a high end one - you don't want to cheap out ont he biggest question of your young life right? So fingers crossed and good luck honey!

Thank you! I am hoping what ever the result is that it is the right one. (I am not sure what that answer should be).

Any advice and Inpute from others is still appreciated.

umm... aditional question. how should i bring this up with my fiance? or should I wait till I know for sure?

Just say! "I've been investigating if I can get still get pregnant whil on the pill, because I've been having some similar symptoms, so I need to put my mind at ease and take a test, we need to find out either way" So when you pick his chin off the floor, just explain that you HAVE to find out! Good luck honey! And just remember half the world would probably not be here if it wasn't for "Oops's" Good luck honey and please let me know how you make out OK?

I will let you know when I know something. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and talk to him tonight.