I've been having my period for about 6 years now, and I only get it about 2-3 times a year, when I know you are supposed to get them around ever month. When it comes, its random, lasts about a week, then goes away. I usually get them at the beginning of school (August) and around Christmas, but I can't place an exact date on when it comes.

Is this natural? I wasn't worried for the first couple years, because I figured it was puberty trying to regulate and stuff, but now I hardly ever get a period at all, and that seems contrary to everything I've heard about periods.

Is there something wrong with me? :-(

I was only getting my period twice a year for three years and then my GP ran a check on my thyroid and we found that it was running low. He put me on medication for it and for the past 6 months I have gotten a period every month. So maybe you need to get your thyroid checked. It's just a thought. I'm pretty sure it is not harmful to not get your period, but you should get it checked out to be safe,that's what I did. Good luck.

I just did a little checking around on this same subject. you need to check out PCOS google it, it sounds serious....im gonna get checked because i have a simmular story. I think it is serious and you should not just wright it off like i have been all these years

I have the same thing happening, check with the women in your family and see if it's the same with them as well. Sometimes it's just a genetic thing.