9 months ago I saw a small flesh coloured raised oval shaped lump on my right tonsil, went doctors and was told nothing to worry about. Had a few sore throats since then (which I'm prone to), then dentists last week was told bad decay in right lower molar, asked dentist to check lump as it was still there, again told nothing to worry about. Got home and felt throat a little sore, had a look and noticed the area next to the lump was also swollen a bit, freaked out, back to doctors who now referred to ENT, claiming he couldn't see lump 9 months ago while asking if I'd lost apetite/weight. Anyway then both my kids also came down with sore throat/virus thing, so I thought maybe the second swelling was just tonsillitis... then my uvula felt sore, still does a bit.. throat not that sore now but BOTH lumps still there. The second swelling goes into the bottom of tonsil crypt... I am praying it's somehow connected to tooth decay, or the first lump is maybe a cyst which is somehow draining into the tonsil via the second lump and into the crypt, but googled too much and now so anxious about cancer. Has anyone else had anything like this?

Ok so an update: Been ENT today and consultant looked at tonsils, up nose and throat with awful tiny camera thing, examined neck, tonsils with fingers/hands, looked in ears, said didn't feel it was anything to be concerned about. I asked a lot of questions, like did he think it was a cyst, could it be draining into tonsil, could whole thing be connected to tooth etc.. He seemed to think all was possible...when he saw me still looking anxious he said other option for very anxious patients was tonsillectomy but that would be to appease my anxiety and not based on clinical diagnosis. His opinion was that a cancer would've grown faster than that in 9 months. So discussed risks of tonsillectomy/risks of lump and I decided to opt for another checkup with him in 6 weeks. And then he reassured me again that he really thought it wasn't anything to worry about. So I am mostly reassured after being almost sick with worry. I did ask him though how many cancers are caught before they get big and he couldn't really answer that, obviously still have some concern and just wondered what anyone else experiences of this kind of thing might be?

Hi, I have had a sore throat for a month and a half. I went to the doc today and she did not see anything. Test were ran for Mono. But, when I came home I looked in a magnifying mirror and behold two large cyst on my tonsil. This is why I have had a sore thoat. When I eat it is very painful. I will call tomorrow and see if I need to return.

Hi Jbeccy

I too have the same problem and havent found an answer, it started with tonsil stones , they were like 2 pimples that kept on coming in the dame spot, and needed to be squeezed out, and when it is squeezed it comes out like a white head sometimes it was hard to get it all out, Dr, said that it  is usually food particles that get trapped I dont think so as it should be on the other side as well, Anyway about 4 weeks ago I also had bad sinus problems which said I have polyps and cysts, on xray, saw ENT for send time at the first one i did have thses pimple things but bow it is hjust a lump slighly raised but no pain so put my finger to check it out and found this pea size lump now it is getting bigger, when I went to the ENT the 2nd time mentioned about it , put camera down nosechecked mouth with popsicle stick and  bright light, checked ears too I think, but said it looks like nothing to worry about, i have been having this uncomfortable feeloing in throat but said there was nothing when looked in throat , when i lay down  or look/bend down get this prsuure in throat area never had it before not sure it the lump is the culprit have been on antibiotics for 3 weeks, but that did not change the lump, please driving me nuts please let me know of your outcome and if you still have it it not how did it vanish, habent been to dentist do you think I should as my teeth are in pretty good nick, Any information would be useful i hope to God you found a solution to this problem, Pkease email me if you can with your outcome. By the way haven had sore throats as such just this lump and pressure in throat area, the pressure in throat ws more noticible when I went to chiropracter on 17/4/12 and had to lie on stomach, Do you too feel the pressure in throat like a pressing feeling when you bend down  or lie down on stomach. Chiro did xrays nothing was noted as xray showed from bottom lips downwards, had scan for thyroids, came clear, Had camera down throat and showed no obstrction please help thanks.

h Gower  

i also have the same problem as yours, today i noticed these pimple like bump on my right tonsils, they have white particles at the top coming out in the crater/hole. i also have this strange feelings only on the right side of my throat and pain when hard food touches it. before this tonsil lumps, i went to different ent several times, one said i have pharyngitis, and another one said i have sinus, another doctor said nothing to worry because he didnt see anything to worry about.

also when i lie down, it feels like i have something stuck on the right side of my throat. this has been happening since january and irs driving me crazy!!!
also done xray on my neck nose throat, but it came back normal!!!!

Hi ther spoke to another doctor said to suck on lemons, or eat pineapple, my did not hurt when I had this sometimes when I coughed it would come out like a white head on a pimple but when it didnnt I would squeeze it out as it annoyed me, did not hurt to swallow now I dont see the white  tonsiil stone but a flesh coloured slighly raised lump like Jbeccy, I wish I knew of Jbeccy outcome and what she did to the lump if she had an operation etc, but when I feel it with my fingers it had grown from a pea size to a  size of a dime as I think the antibiotics that I took helped me to keep it down  and since I stoped it , it seems to have got much bigger, doesnt hurt when I swallow or eat but I get this uncomfortable feeling in throat on an  off, I know I have allergies and sinus issues like polyps and  a post nasal drip the doctors to told me the same, dont worry, but when I got the scan and the  xray done I was still under antibiotics and maybe it wasnt that noticible as it might have been supressing it.  the other doctor I spoke to was someone I  knew from where I work just an accquitance, who asked me to suck on lime/lemon etc and to go and get it checked as it might be that it is like an ingrown tonsilstone, the doctors dont seem to care, they did not even put their finger in to feel how big the lump is and I am fed up of going to the doctors and complaining about this.  Even the ENT just looked in and said might be post nasal drip, and he wants me to do an operation for my sinus and middle bone but it he could not have checked the lump properly and the only way to do thois was by using his finger then he would know what I am talking about and ordered andother CT on the area, but he did not do it. I am wondering if I should even go to this surgeon or change him, but he has my records, so annoying. Someone mentioned if the sinus is caused by allergies to get an allergy test done so you can try to avoid the allergy otherwise the polys could grow back after operation, the doctor did not mention any of this, all he knew was that I have private health insurance and could make a buck without trying to find the underline problem before operating

Hi just wondered if you got a ct scan to check out your sinus problems, as I ignored the post nasal drip cos my nose was always stuffy,and it became worse,

I take zorton and it helps that is for reflux, believe me I dont get that relux feeling but they say you can have silent reflux only take it when it is needed and throat is feeling funny, but sometimes I can feel the back of my neck hurts and then  the pressure gets worse in neck area and I go for a massage and it helps, the previous scan I took in 2011 september said the gland on right side was on the  high side  but still in normal range, but the left was normal and at that time I was not on antibiotics, like how I was this time when I got it done.  So annyoying not knowing the cause  will keep you updated try the lemon someone in the blog mentioned about using some water  squirter to get it out maybe speak to the doctor and togethere get some antibiotics to help you out.  good luck keep us updated with any progress   

I don't know if I'm replying to this too late. I have always had tonsil stones (when I pop them out they smell terrible!).
But about two weeks ago I noticed a raised white lump on my left tonsil and I was able to "peel" the top layer off. A couple days later it grew back or more came out, not sure.
Well about an hour ago I looked at my tonsil again and I tried once more to push on my tonsil to pop it out but it was so hard. So I peeped it off again. But saw there is still a piece inside. So I pushed as hard as I could handle using my finger and I POPPED out and I coughed it out. It looks like a capsule the size of a small pea. But that was only a third of it since two other pieces were taken out.
It feels hard like skin and doesn't have a foul odor. VERY STRANGE. And I have to say that I'm a little worried. I saved it in a little container and will take it to my doctor so see if he can send it to a lab.

Hi ther
Did you find out what it was, I am taking nexium for my tthroat issues, as I had the ain that came from the ootom of throat to chest comression and tightening feeling , ain in ack of neck is still there it an annoying, feel like I need it cracked or something, get massages to relieve the ain, It gets a little etter ut the ain in chest and throat is much etter than the feeling in the neck and efore I start gettig that feeling I get a weired cough, I also have ain and crunching feeling on left jaw which somtmes radiates to the cheek one and forehead, what to do the hard lum near the right tonsil is still there, Leave it in the hands of god as I am fed u of asking the doctor what is wron you hit your forties and you just kee reaking down thats how I feel. Anyway let us know how you are faring and what the results were God less and Good Luck

I took the "specimen" (the things that came out) to the doctor and he looked and them and said they probably are just accumulated food particles. I highly disagree by the way. I asked if we should send them to a lab and he said there is no need. I was on a round of antibiotics and steroids because I had developed eczema because of some personal things I have been going through. So I'm not sure if the antibiotics helped get the throat things out.
My throat feels fine now. I still gargle with half hydrogen peroxide and half water so I don't get anymore throat rocks. But in general my throat feels fine. Best of luck to everyone having any similar problems and I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have.
Thanks.

I have a question....I have stated previously that I have a little whitish/slightly yellowish little bump in the back of my throat, near my tonsils. I have been reading everyones suggestions and so I did use the hp and as of yet no luck with it coming loose. I tried to push it out with the handle of a spoon but I'm afraid to push too hard. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same thing. I has been there for over three weeks. It's getting bigger every day. It looks like a pimple filled with pus. I went to doctor today and he said my lymphnods were swollen and he thinks it may be strep throat. I feel perfect except for a little pain when I swallow. He put me on antibiotics but I'm not convenced that that is what it is.

The doctor did that to me too. Just looked at me and said I had strep and gave me penicillin. I went home and 2 days later I got admitted to the hospital bc I couldn't swallow bc my throat was so swollen.

I have had something similar for almost 2 years. It's down near the bottom of my right tonsil and about the size of a bean. It's a white lump. I asked my otolaryngologist about it and he said it was nothing to be concerned about. He told me some of the technicality of it but I've forgotten what he said. It's hard to see since it's so far down on the tonsil. I am thinking of going back to the ENT this week. It seems so unnatural to look into the back of my mouth and see this white lump when everything else in there is pink, flesh colored. It doesn't hurt and it doesn't have any affect on swallowing.

I have several of these bumps on my left tonsil. After many appointments with doctors and dentist, i went to an ENT. He told me that they are caused by swollen tonsils. The tonsil gets so swollen it pops out this "knuckle". Solution : tonsillectomy (sp?).