HI ALL! I am HYPO thyroid and have been experiencing for the last few years, ear ringing and eye twitching, first blamed on thyroid because of the fatigue that was also happening, then thyroid was "normal" level around 1 and now dr. says maybe I am going into HYPER and that is causing the FATIGUE, and WEIGHT gain (DOESN'T SOUND HYPER TO ME). either way they keep switching my meds...now I have the eye twitching, ear ringing, and shooting pains in my head and behind my eyes. Eye Dr. says thyroid or sinuses, had a sinus CT last year, showed mildly deviated septum and very minor inflammation (nothing chronic) so here I am at the computer with the shooting pains in my head and eye twitching, saw a NEURO a few years back (2 or 3) and he said he thought it was thyroid, but never sent me for any testing. UGH! I am sure you are all feeling my frustration! I think I need to see the NEURO again, my last MRI was back in 2002 when I was 33 and they said I had DDD (degenerative disc disease) but thought I was young for it (as well as a bulging disc C5-C6). Anyone who is HYPO experience these WEIRD symptoms. 8)

My mom keeps suggesting that I get me thyroid checked. Hers turned hypo around my age. I have some pretty odd symptoms. But as of last August (after having some similar off problems, and then slipped into a dreamlike-state [catatonic to everyone who saw me]) I have been diagnosed with something I never even thought of having (thanks to Hollywood and their overblown versions of everything) - epilepsy. I have never had a seizure that looks like anything you have seen on TV, but thanks to epilepsy.com and .org I have found out a lot about seizures that I had no clue (and I love medical information; thrive on it). I tend to have small seizures after spending time staring at a screen (especially if I play any sort of computer game, but TV screens as well, if I'm close). I don't notice anything, but I know the post-seizure symptoms. Ringing ears, facial twitching, pain in my head... If you have insurance it couldn't hurt to have an eeg just in case. And I think I'll have my thyroid checked. ;-)

I have had slight hypo since menopause, I have had ear ringing for about 6 months and now eye twitching for 2 months. The doctors are not listening to me, one thinks it is headache rebound and the neurologist thinks it is post traumatic stress disorder - both are wrong. The eye twitching and ringing ear is on the same side. It is driving me nuts. I never associated the thyroid with this though.

Quote:

Xenasmother wrote:

HI ALL! I am HYPO thyroid and have been experiencing for the last few years, ear ringing and eye twitching, first blamed on thyroid because of the fatigue that was also happening, then thyroid was "normal" level around 1 and now dr. says maybe I am going into HYPER and that is causing the FATIGUE, and WEIGHT gain (DOESN'T SOUND HYPER TO ME). either way they keep switching my meds...now I have the eye twitching, ear ringing, and shooting pains in my head and behind my eyes. Eye Dr. says thyroid or sinuses, had a sinus CT last year, showed mildly deviated septum and very minor inflammation (nothing chronic) so here I am at the computer with the shooting pains in my head and eye twitching, saw a NEURO a few years back (2 or 3) and he said he thought it was thyroid, but never sent me for any testing. UGH! I am sure you are all feeling my frustration! I think I need to see the NEURO again, my last MRI was back in 2002 when I was 33 and they said I had DDD (degenerative disc disease) but thought I was young for it (as well as a bulging disc C5-C6). An

yone who is HYPO experience these WEIRD symptoms. 8)

I have all of your symptoms..right down to the DDD and sinus scan results. I have had terrible ringing in the ears for over a year now and all of the symptoms of hypothyroid disease. I had to fight with my doc to get a referral to an endocrinologist and I finally got one recently. I went to see him and he diagnosed me as hypo and has put me on meds for that. Alot of my symptoms have improved or gone away but some have not (like this ear ringing!!) I think you need to see an endocrinologist. I wouldnot waste time or money on neurologists. Also, you can have thyroid disease at any age. With your symptoms and abnormal blood work I would be surprised if your were not hypothyroid! Good Luck! I know how friggin frustrating this is!!

My eyes twitch constantly. my doc says that it is 'just my thyroid working' he says my body went with out any hormone for so long that its going crazy. For some reason, i dont believe him. It drives me CRAZY. I feel like people are always staring at me cause my eyes. My ears dont ring all that bad, but i am Very very moody and Emotional. Also very sad.

Hashi moto encepholoy? My doctor just gave me this diagnosis.

I also have hypothyroidism and my left eyelid became slightly droopy for a month or two and then started twitching multiple times a day just recently. I am experiencing congestion and a fever right now. I also saw a neurologist and they tested my nerves and found nothing. Like you, I am also very moody, emotional, and really sad. I feel like all of these things are connected but no doctors seems to think so. Any help?

check vit. D

If they thought that you had Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) then you most likely have DDD, and this is what is causing your headaches, shooting pains and eye twitching. While it is not common to have DDD at such a young age, it does happenen. I am only 27 and I have been suffering from the effects of DDD for 10 years now. My discs are affected in both my neck and my back, I have all the symptoms that you do (and others) all caused from the DDD. My advise would be to see a do ctor about being treated for your DDD before the damage is too bad. My discs are so bad that I have a 50% chance that the discs in my back need fused together. I only just got my diagnosis 2 years ago and we knew i needed surgery then and tried all other options first, but I could have had the diagnosis 5 years ago when i got my first MRI. Had i had a doctor willing to listen to me about my neck and back pain back then at 22, maybe those other options would have helped and I would not be having so many problems or could have put off surgery a few more years.

i also started out hypo a few years ago, but now the doctor is saying it's on the hyper side.  for those of you seeing a neurologist, you may want to check with an endocrinologist that specializes in thyroid conditions.  the mayo clinic has some information out showing a relationship between thyroid disorders and eye twitching.  my eye has been twitching for about two years now and i am just now learning about this connection.  fascinating and frustrating how many things the thyroid affects.  best to you all!

Sounds like Pernicious Anemia caused by an inability of the body to process dietary B12.  Please have it tested right away.  It is easily treatable (with b12 injections), but can cause serious and permanent complications and death if left untreated.

Hello Everyone.  I have been doing a lot of research for 8 years with supplements and herbals for this.  I seem to have better results when I increase my mineral intake as well as a B-complex 100 mg NON TIME RELEASE in the mornings I also added into the regiment B-6 100 mg daily.  The herbs that seem to work best for this are Hawthorn and Stinging Nettle.  Maybe this will help with your symptoms and give you some relief.  Always research anything before you take them as I did. For one you will learn about them and then you can cross reference them with your conditions and make sure they are safe for you.  Have a great day !  

I was diagnosed with postpardum thyroiditis. Wich then became hyperthyroid, then hypothyroid. I have ringing in my right ear and twitching in my right eye anytime Im understress. Being under stress triggers the moodswings. Im telling you this is a disease where if you dont figure it out it changes you into a person you wont recognize. Get help.

Did they call the seizures you are having absence seizures? My son used to have them, sounds very similar to your experiences

I also have twitching on my right side of face mostly at the eye. Had a Normal MRI couple of years ago with no real answer from Neurologist.  After taking magnesium supplements twitching stopped for awhile ( a year) started back and now I have congestion in right ear. When the congestion is worse there is an increase in twitching , relief with decongestants but is short lived. I plan to consult an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, restart the magnesium and seek natural remedy for ear congestion. I used to pop my ear by blowing with nose pinched but now that doesn't work.