I am a 18 year old female and for the past two weeks I have been getting severe pains in my heart. There is no pain in my chest or compression. I will be sitting or laying down and all of a sudden a very sharp pain will occur in my heart to the point where is takes my breath away. If I breathe in deep it usually happens again but worse. If I take a few short slow breaths it goes away after a few minutes.

My mother swears its growing pains, but I always thought those only occured when you were really young like 3-5 and then again for growth spurts at like 8 to 12? Not sure though.

Can anyone help me? I can't really see a doctor about it at the moment because I am in Florida and I live in Kentucky. But should I? Thanks

To be on the safe side yes i would see a doctor. I have been experiencing the same thing for the past 6 months (im 21) i had to have a few tests to rule out the bad stuff before they decided it was muscular. Go see a doc to be sure and put your mind at rest

I am also 18 and having the same problem,... also in a similar situation, I have no money for a dr. if you find out ANY info on the subject email it to me please. Im really worried, do you have a VSD or any other cardiology related problems.

-Stephanie Abendroth

I am also a 18 yr old female and get the exact same problem and that's why i looked it up...it's strange that you are also an 18 yr old female. The pain is sharp and feels like it's pulling your heart out and can't take deep breaths. I haven't found anything that helps :-/

I have a similar problem, except that I'm male and 17.

i just turned 21 and mine hurts too...it doesnt come and go thought it stays with me the whole time its just really faint at times then other times it hurts so bad i can do nothing but just try and fall asleep, it also hurts when i try to take a deep breathe in

i am also an 18 year old female,, and i have the same pains very often,, but i know since i was born i have heart blockage,, i also do nothing,, the doctors told me that the only treatment is a pacemaker but we decided not to have it,, and now i just live with it,, i am tired all the time and those heart pains kill me, i also can't breathe, and it gets a little worse when i try to, what i do is just lay down and maybe sleep if i can, another thing that might work is to press and massage your fingers especially your pinkie,, mom says it might make me feel better,, and in general try to massage your hands.

I had similar problems for over 6 months, and after extensive testing is was found to be related to muscular spasms, similar to those experienced in an anxiety attack.
Assess whether you have any other stresses in your life that you need to deal with - usually emotional, related to people or work or lifestyle.

I was surprised, as I'm a cruisy relaxed person, but sure enough, backed off work a little, tried some meditation, and a month later it was gone.

I'm 18 years old ..femail and recently i started getting the same kind of pain in my heart ,
I get so woried about it and am to scared to go to a doctor as i have spent alot of time in hospital before and im so scared of them
I have type 1 diabeties & have recently started smoking (i no stupid) but only occasionaly i am going to stop because im afraid that maybe this is whats wrong with my heart .
If any1 no's anything else it could be plz tell me x x 8-|

Hi, I'm 22 in March 2010, Male, 5ft 10, weight: 10stone. Body type: Slim/slender

I have the situation where there is a striking pain right through my heart and it can take my beath away, I feel it when I inhale and as my inhale gets bigger the pain becomes stronger. It sometimes makes me grab my chest (where the heart is) with my hand because it hurts that much, after that breath, the pain slows down and withers away.

It is very worrying and annoying as it is unexpected, however, I think this is diet related. I too don't want to go see a doctor as I am scared, I don't want to hear them say something like "your dieing", "you've got heart disease", I am playing ignorense and I should as this could be serious.

A pace maker might be the answer but with every day being about technology and electronics, the last thing I want is a pace maker as an EMP would kill me, and it's not hard to make an EMP (A couple of T.V condensors would do the trick), so what I'm saying is, I don't want that either.

I suggest that we all record our diet and check the amount of SALT we eat. Believe me, I am far from a 'diet' person, but when I go home from work, I eat a LOT of chips and I love my salt and vinegar. I must have about 6 times my daily salt allowance.

this sounds like precoridal catch syndrome.

im 19 years old, female, and ive had these same symptoms on and off for about 10 years. dont worry its not serious. its just a pinching nerve underneath your breastbone. its not explained and its not your heart. but it is painful! and scary!

in saying that, dont let me stop you from getting tested for something more serious.. this is just more likely.

I'm 20 years old, but when I was 17 I had that problem and went to a cardiologist. I had an ASD, which pretty much means whole in your heart, and off beat.
But after surgery I started to get sharp stabbing pains in my heart that would sometimes go thru my left arm, and even get worse. The pain was so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack. They then said I had Angina. You probably have that.

im a 16 year old female and have the exact same thing except ive had this all my life, but recently its been getting worse %-)

I believe its emotionally related, sometimes i get dull pains in my heart , like today... but i thinkits when im holding onto something painful from the past, stress, anxiety, grief ect... but the stabbing pain thing i used to get that .. dont know what that is .. I did have heart operation when i was 11 , so hopfully im ok and its nothing serious..im sure its ok.. what evers going on with me on a physical level, there is always almost and emotional component to it ... so check in with your self , see if your holding anything.. and release... peace bunnys xxx

Im 19 years old and I also have the same problems...i have not gone to the doctors but my mothers friends kid was 22 and had the same problem and then had a heart attack. i am trying to go to the doctors as soon as possible to get that checked out...andother friend of mines wife is 22 and hse has the same thing but she has it becuase of blood clots. So i guesss alot of things can cause this..