Hello! Is there any body who can explain to me what exactly orbital psuedo tumor is? Thank you for your time!!!

HI there! Orbital pseudo tumor is differently known as Idiopathic Orbital Inflamatory Syndrome or IOIS. It represents a swelling of the orbital tissues behind the eye but it cannot violate tissues and spread . The cause to this disorder is unknown as well as the risk factors.

I've suffered from an Orbital Psuedo tumor and been treated with high doses of prednisone to reduce the inflammation. I was told it is an auto- immune disease that they don't know much about. When in doubt and there is inflammation, steriods to the rescue, apparently. Unfortunately, it came back, twice. Each time I weaned from the steriods it would come back within a few months! Sadly, they suggested radiation, but it's not even a tumor, it's inflammation!!! I left western medicine to see what other options were out there. I found a medical doctor/ naturopath. I was put on a seriously restrictive anti-inflammatory diet and a battery of supplements. Two years later, not a single reoccurrence and I feel better than ever. THe diet, it's really not so bad and apparently in general for everyone it reduces cancer risk, arthritis pain, weight gain and a whole slew of other common ailments. Le tme know if your interested I'll give you more detailed information.

Hi Guest,
I have been diagnosed with Idiopathic Orbital inflammatory disease and treated with steroids prednison. I am interested howe medica doctor/naturopath helped you with diet and natural remedy. Please help me with detailed information. Thank you.

Please help I am on prednison because of Orbital inflammatory disease. I am interested in details of treatment you had with diet and naturopath. thank you.

I am interested in understanding your treatment plan for the orbital pseudotumor. Is the diet and supplements able to decrease the inflammation once it has begun? Are there any proven natural or alternative treatments that don't involve prednisone?

I too am interested in the dietary recommendations for treating orbital pseudotumor. I've had it for 6 years now and feel like I've tried everything. I've just begun prednisone a couple times a month to try and manage the recurrent swellings. It works pretty well but I'd prefer to find a natural approach due to the potential side effects of taking steroids long term. Thanks!!

Hi Guest,
I have been diagnosed with Idiopathic Orbital inflammatory disease and treated with steroids prednisone. celcept, methatrexate, and cytoxan. Now my rheumatologigist wants to try an experimental drug. Without the prednisone I am in severe pain. I am interested how and what medical doctor/naturopath helped you with diet and natural remedy. Please help me with detailed information. . This will be such a blessing, I have been looking for answers for 2 years. Thank you.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I have been dealing with this since 2007. I too prefer a more natural approach and therefore I'm very interested in your diet and natural remedy.

kindly let me know more about the anti inflammatory diet tht helped u...thnks

I have had chronic and bilateral IOID for over nine years. I have had to use steroids both oral and injectable for years. It is a pain!!! I was reading more about it and was considering an anti-inflammatory diet. PLEASE share the information. It has to help!! I have done research on anti-inflammatory foods and just thought about eating them. Basically the closer to nature, the better. Walnuts, salmon, blueberries, etc are a huge food item that may help. Anyone with more info, please forward. I am SO, SO tired of this!!!

Hello all... I've been suffering from orbital pseudotumor for past 7 years. Have been on steroids and cyclophosphamide for many years and but it replapses. I will appreciate if anyone can let me know what other alternate medicine options including natural diet is available. Thanks...

I am also interested to know the dietary and naturopath treament. Thx

I am also interested to know the dietary and naturopath treament. I've been dealing with this for 6 yrs, I've gained 50 pounds since I started on prednisone. I have joint pain all over my body and my sudden weight gain isn't helping. I would really appreciated if could share the information on that diet and supplements. Thank you.

hansolo wrote:

Guest wrote:

My sister is very sick with this orbital pseudo tumor and has been for 1and half years.

Can you please let me know about the diet you mentioned in you notes and name of doctor/naturpath please.

Thanks for your help