My wife is going to a surgery. She has Grave's disease. It affects her eyes. They are bulged and it looks like she steers all the time. That is not the problem she don't mind that but she have double vision and her doctor told her that she is in danger of loosing vision due to compression on the optic nerve. She had to go to orbital decompression surgery. Can you tell me something about it?

I had the same surgery few years ago. During the procedure the surgeon creates fractures of the thin bones of the orbital walls and it puts the orbital contents back in place. In that way the eyes look more natural and the optical nerve is no longer compressed. I feel good after the surgery, my vision is back in normal but, in some cases the double vision stays.

I HAD DECOMPRESSION OPTICAL SURGERY IN JULY 2010. BOTH EYES OPERATED ON WITH IN 2 WEEKS. BOTH OPTIC NERVES WERE BEING PINCHED OFF AND I WAS IN DANGER OF LOSING MY EYE SIGHT PERMENANTLY. NOW I AM BATTLING WITH DOUBLE VISION LIKE CRAZY. I NOW WEAR PRISM GLASSES WHICH HELPED AT FIRST BUT NOW I AM BACK TO DOUBLE VISION FROM TIME TO TIME, UNABLE TO PREFORM MY SIMPLE DUTIES. VISION AFFECTS YOUR APPETITE ALONG WITH YOUR ATTITUDE. I HAVE BEEN TOLD I WILL REQUIRE MORE SURGERIES IN THE FUTURE WITH SCARES THE HECK OUT OF ME. I THOUGHT ONE TIME AND POOF ID BE FIXED. THE PRESSURES I HAD BEEN FEELING ARE GONE BUT I KNOW HAVE NEW ISSUES. MAINLY THE DOUBLE VISION. I CAN SEE GREAT OUT OF ONE EYE OR THE OTHER BUT ITS LIKE THEY ARE WORKING AGAINST EACH OTHER IF YOU OPEN BOTH. EVEN WITH THE NEW GLASSES. THINGS ARE STILL ROUGH. IM NOT SURE HOW MY STORY WILL END BUT IT IS DEFINATLY AN UP HILL BATTLE. GOOD LUCK FOR THOSE YOU WILL BE GOING THROUGH THIS.

May GOD completely cure you eye problem!

How did your story end..I am going through what you went through?