Hi, I would like to get more information about Orbital Inflammatory Pseudo Tumor Disease since my sister has been diagnosed with it recently.

Hi, I have heard and learned more about it when my brother got it, four years ago. Orbital Inflammatory Pseudo Tumor Disease is a rare disease manifested as inflammation occurring within the orbit that looks like a neoplasm. An abrupt onset of diffuse pain is often seen in patients. Some of patients report to orbital pain in certain compartments associated with double vision (diplopia). Other symptoms include a restricted range of motion of the eye, and swelling and reddening of the eyelid. There are many kinds of orbital inflammation, and they need to be checked before this diagnose is established.

Hi there,
Orbital inflammatory pseudo tumor disease is an inflammatory reaction in the orbital tissue which surrounds the eye. I think that this is chronic condition that is very similar to brain tumor. So the name is from this effect. However, they do not spread like tumors and they do not invade other tissue but the can still cause many pressure to nearby structures. I am not sure if there are many treatment for this condition. I know that some cases resolve on their own but some need steroids to be treated. This needs to be evaluated by doctor before the treatment starts. I hope this helped you a bit.

Best wishes,
Marco