Would like to know more about the diet for orbital pseudotumor. I got diagnosed 6 years ago and have been on prednisone on and off. They have recently bumped me up to 100 mg a day. The bad thing about this is that it has caused me to have very bad joint pain all over. It doesn't help that I've gained 50 pounds since I started on prednisone.

Hi! I found that mild cases of orbital pseudotumor may go away without treatment. Most severe cases are treated with coricosteroids. Very severe cases may develop damaging pressure on the eye, and require surgical movement of the bones of the orbit to relieve pressure on the eyeball. Most cases do well. Severe cases may be resistant to treatment and vision loss may happen. It usually involves only one eye. In certain cases, chemotherapy and low-dose radiation may be needed to control the inflammation related to orbital pseudotumor. Most patients do well with steroid therapy but they are always at risk for recurrent orbital pseudotumor. I hope this will help. Most cases of eye arthritis have a lot to do with poor diet, but I'm not sure about the diet for orbital pseudo tumor. Maybe you'll find more information here
https://www.steadyhealth.com/orbital_pseudo_tumor_t58711.html

My daughter was diagnosed last year with a Orbital Inflammatory Psuedotumor. It started with her eye itching then looked like a lazy eye then within about two weeks its was pushed out and very swollen. She has had biopsies to rule out cancer. It was ruled out saying she had IOIS. She has cancer cells but it was not considered cancer. She was ten when diagnosed they put her on 40 mg of steriods and for the last year we have been weaning her off. Along with the steriods she is on a weekly injection of methotrexate(a chemo drug). Right now she is doing well. We are glad she is off the steriods. She had gain 30lbs and that was while she was swimming 3-4 times a week. Steriods are bitter sweet they help but they have so many side effects. She is not fully recovered her eye is still pushed out and she feels pressure and has lots of headaches but better then last year and we know that this is most likely a lifetime disease.I really wish there was more info on this disease. We have to drive to Emory(which is a 2 hour drive) to be able to be treated by doctors who have seen this type of disease

I have an orbital pseudotumor diagnosed 2 months ago to my right eye which resulted in proptosis. I'm waiting to see a neuro-ophthalmologist still for symptoms of vertigo,tinnitus, and fluctuations in the internal pressure of my head which I was told by the ophthalmologist are not part of the syndrome. My eyesight is normal but I'm having auras about a couple times of day. Also I had to increase the prednisone from 60 to 70 mgs. today as my symptoms seem to be increasing, not decreasing. I started at 80 mgs. of prednisone. The ophthalmologist hadn't seen this in 12 years, so he hasn't been much help with educating me, but my GP agreed his dose-down schedule was to rapid. I also experience intermittent lisp as the left side of my tongue seems to be affected. So I'm thinking with the inflammation it's compressing nerves to my tongue. ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated.

My daughter was also 10 years old when she was dx. She had surgery to remove a tumor, The steroids help but, she gained so much weight . She was very active , she is a cheerleader and plays soccer . She is now 16 years old had has had two both episodes . once lasted 6 months and several different medications tried. The only one that worked was the steroid. She has been off of them for almost three years but, in now going through another episode. Currently she is using Steroid eye drops. We are praying it helps. Good luck to your daughter .
.