Hi I’m 51 years old female and was diagnosed osteoporsis. I’m still not in menopause, but my cycle has become irregular during last year. I suffer arthritis and I have been used glucocorticoids lately. I mentioned this because physician told me that there is relation between these two things. I didn’t know that glucocorticoids are responsible for bone loss. Please post about this if you are informed. Thanks.

I’ve heard that drugs like glucocorticoids, antiseizure drugs and barbiturates may lead to a loss of bone density. But as osteoporosis is silent disease you have no symptoms until it become serious. Bone minerals density test is done to determine bone health. It’s the best way to measure bone density and check the condition of your bones. In treatment of osteoporosis exercise is as important as nutrition is.